Chapter 12

They have arrived at High School for the prom. Shadow parked his car in the parking lot. He got out first and walks to the other side of his car to let Nebula out like a gentleman.

Nebula took his hand and got out, holding his hand as they walk up to the entrance. Everyone was heading to the Gymnasium where it's bigger for the students to dance.

"Oh, my gosh! Nebula you look so gorgeous" Rouge said.

"Thanks Rouge. You too" Nebula said.

"Nebula, you look awesome with that hair bun" Amy appeared, wearing a red dress and her quills stuffed up.

"Thanks. You look pretty too" Nebula chuckled.

Cream appeared with a lime-green dress on, "How do I look girls?" she asked.

"You look cute, Cream" Amy said with a sweet smile. Then Blaze came too, wearing a princess type of dress with golden earrings.

"Hi girls. Am I good for Silver?" Blaze poses.

"Yeah, your majesty" Nebula pretends to bow for her. Then Blaze goes for Silver.

They all went to the gymnasium where all the love couples are dancing. Nebula and Shadow then starts their waltz and Shadow tries his best to not act nervous with her. But they spin around while dancing and held out each other.

"Feel the music flow in your body, Shadow" Nebula whispered, having her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Right" Shadow whispered back, holding her close to him. He could tell she smelled like sweet cherries. Nebula then got held back by doing the dip move with Shadow, she tilts her head up.

"Come here pretty" Shadow pulled her back up and she giggled to it. They kept dancing until Nebula and Shadow stopped to have a break.

They went outside to the school garden where they always go when it comes to class break at school.

"That was awesome Nebs. You danced like an angel with me" Shadow said.

"Thanks" Nebula said.

Shadow and Nebula stared at each other for a few seconds.

(Nebula)

All those days watching from the windows

All those years outside looking in

All that time never even knowing

Just how blind I've been

Now I'm here blinking in the starlight

Now I'm here suddenly I see

Standing here it's all so clear

I'm where I'm meant to be

Shadow and Nebula held each other close and got up, starting to dance again, they did this with passion and Nebula nuzzled against his chest and he blushed. He then did some tango moves and let Nebula spin around and then she smirks lovely and pulled him close.

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright