Chapter 17

Saturday has arrived and Nebula was on her way to Shadow's house. She even brought her dog Bella to come since she's always bored at the house. But she has to wear her dog collar which she doesn't like to wear when going out.

"I know, I know. You don't like wearing the collar but you have to" Nebula said to her dog sitting on the passenger seat while she's driving.

Bella rolled her eyes and lies down on the seat grumpily, ignoring the itchy collar around her neck.

"Remember what I told you. If dogs don't wear collars in public the dogcatcher will catch you" Nebula said.

Bella nods and looks away. They soon arrived at Shadow's house and Nebula puts the dog leash on Bella as soon as she parked it and they walked up to the front door. She knocks a few times on the door and waited for Shadow to open it.

He did open it and he was not alone today, he had his pals there too.

"Hi Nebula, come in we have waited for you. And I see you brought Bella as well" Shadow said. Bella barked happily at him and runs to the others.

Nebula chuckled and stepped in to join them, "Hey guys. Oh, this is my dog Bella. She's a Jack Russell Chihuahua mix" she said and removes the leash from her.

"Awww..... She's so cute" Silver said and pets Bella.

"Ruff ruff ruff!" Bella barked happily and jumps on the couch to be petted by Sonic as well.

"Hi there little girl" Sonic said as he pets Bella. She jumped off the couch and ran back to her owner.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Nebula asked them.

"Well we can have fun playing at the backyard or playing a board game" Shadow said.

"Hmm.....the backyard. Like tasks or something" Nebula said.

"Hmmm, that could work" Shadow smiled.

On the backyard when everyone has arrived, they were ready to do the tasks.

"Okay, you did running track with me and Sonic before which was good. Compared to humans and mobians, you're quite an athlete. Now we wanna test your abilities to see how yours is different than ours" Shadow said.

"Since we know your dark form comes from your anger. We wanna know how your powers work with your emotions" Silver said.

"All right. Sounds like fun" Nebula said, accepting this.

-

The task starts out with Nebula verses Amy, not in a battle fight. Into comparing how their strengths work differently between them.

"My main weapon is my Piko Piko Hammer" Amy said, snaps her fingers for her hammer to appear in a poof, "It's ten times stronger than any normal hammers"

"Wow. That's amazing" Nebula grinned.

"Thanks" Amy said.

She held her hammer up over her head and she smashes the log in half.

"Ta Da!" Amy smirked, "My strength comes with the power of love within me"

Now it was Nebula's turn and she cocks her neck to make a cracking noise. She then chops the log in half like an axe, "When I use my super strength it comes with the feeling of confidence. That's my strength" she said.

Tails walks in to see who has more potential damage, "Amy's strength in smashing is the winner"

"Wow, nice job, Amy. When you said the power of love you're right. Love and sanctuary protects us from evil spirits" Nebula said.