Chapter 03

Nebula was resting in the hospital room; with the heart monitors beeping normally so that the doctors will know that she's breathing okay. She was lucky to survive from almost losing too much blood and that the doctors were able to put the wrapped bandage on her head to stop the bleeding. But Nebula was not in a very good mood from the incident that Scourge did to make her faint from humiliation.

Shadow found her room and sat on a chair near her. He held her hand with his head down.

"Nebula, I hope you're alright right now. I swear I'll defend you against that green pervert and his annoying friends" Shadow said with sadness.

"Oh, pardon me, sir. Are you a friend of my niece?" Nebula's aunt walks into the room.

"Yup, I'm her classmate. The names Shadow" Shadow smiled some but still showed worriedness for Nebula.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Estrella. But you can call me Star for short" Nebula's aunt said.

"Okay, Star. It is really nice to meet your niece" Shadow shakes hands with her.

"Indeed, say what really happened?" Star asked him.

"It's complicated to tell but you don't wanna know" Shadow didn't want to tell.

"I understand. Though I'm still worried about her. Back at her girl school, she didn't fit in with the girls. And that is why I transferred her to Station Square High. I guess it didn't work" Aunt Star sighs.

"Don't worry. I promised myself to help her at all cost. Maybe like a bodyguard" Shadow said, joking at the last sentence.

"Good, that will give her a chance to fit in" Aunt Star smiled a bit.

"......Uhhh........" Nebula moaned in her sleep and was waking up, opening her eyes slowly.

Star and Shadow saw her waking up and Nebula saw her Aunt and Shadow.

"Nebula. Thank god you're alright" Aunt Star tenderly placed her hand on Nebula's cheek.

"Aunt Star...I'm glad you're here" Nebula hugged her aunt while Shadow watched.

Nebula then saw him, "Shadow, you're here too?"

"Yes Nebula, I'm here for you. I should have protected you before you fainted. But don't worry, the picture he made is destroyed" Shadow said.

"That's good. But I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to school again. My life is ruined" Nebula sighs.

"Nebs, Shadow here told me he'll defend you at any cost" Aunt Star said to her.

"Ok, I'll give the school one last chance. Deal?" Nebula took off her oxygen mask, holding her hand out. Shadow shakes it with a promising smile.

"Deal" he said and then hugs her.

--

After signing out from the hospital, Aunt Star and Nebula drove back home as Shadow waved good bye. He also managed to give Nebula's small backpack back to her before leaving the hospital. He hover skates on the sidewalk to head home.

Nebula in the car was happy that she found someone she can truly trust.

"That boy is not so bad, Nebs. He might become your closest friend" Aunt Star said.

"I guess so" Nebula shrugs, "But I don't know about his other friends. That will take a while" she said and looks at her drawings in her sketchbook. But there was a drawing paper sketch from Shadow that he did in class was the same drawing that he was doing.

"Oh, he gave this as a gift" Nebula said and shows it to her Aunt.

"I'll have a closer look when we arrive" she replied as Nebula put the sketch back.