Chapter 32

ASHLYN'S POV

My heart is racing while I carry her in my arms through the hospital.
I run as fast as I can and yell for a doctor but nobody is coming.
I randomly run into the next room, hoping to get help. I open the door.
"Help me! She's unconscious and I don't know what- oh my goodness.", I say and stop breathing.
"YOUNG LADY! You are not allowed to just enter the room like that! We're working here!", one of the doctors sais.
I can't believe my eyes.
"I-is that– Mrs Krieger? Oh my goodness..", I whisper and the doctor quickly changes the look on his face.
"You know her?", he asks and I nod.
"I-it's her m-mom..", I mumble and point at Ali, who I'm still holding in my arms.
"Matthew, James! Take care of her daughter, quickly! She's in trouble!", the doc sais and they take her away.
"NO WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER NOW?", I start crying and run behind them.
"I'm sorry Miss-"
"Harris. Ashlyn Harris.", I mumble.
"Miss Harris. You can't come in now. But you'll be the first one to see her as soon as we're done, okay?", he sais with a sad face and closes the door right in front of me.

Fuck. What the hell happend with Mrs. Krieger? She was laying there in the hospital bed, pale and with no hair. Why did Ali never tell me about her having cancer? Why? Why.. We're like family. She's like a mom for me. The mom I've never had because mine is never available and only there for her lovers. Why didn't she tell me?
That also shows the reason why I found Ali laying unconscious on the ground in her room.. Why didn't she tell me?
I could have helped her..

"Miss Harris?", the doctor who was with Mrs Krieger comes in.
"Y-yeah? H-how are they?", I mumble and stand up.
"Look. Mrs Krieger had to fight with cancer for the past half year. It was a hard fight but she never lost hope. We're very proud that she is cancerfree now. She is a very strong women but needs a lot of time to recover.
Concerning Miss Krieger, she was unconscious for a while. We think that all the stress just was too much for her but she's okay. You can go see her now if you want.", he sais, I nod and start crying.

Why did Ali never tell me about all this? But I'm so glad that Mrs Krieger is okay. Thank god.
The doc leads me the way to Ali's room and we enter.

"Your friend is here, Miss Krieger. Miss Harris, please take good care of her. She needs some rest.", he sais and closes the door behind him.

"C-can you turn the lights off? They're so bright....", Ali whispers with a quiet voice.
"Of course babygirl.", I whisper back and turn them off.

The lights from outside of the room are shining through the glass door so that I can see where the bed is.
I slowly walk up to her and sit on the side of the bed carefully. She reaches out for my hand and I just hold it. I don't say a single word, I know that I just need to be there for her.

"C-can you s-stay the night?", she whispers with a voice that is so fragile and broken that I tear up again.
"Of course. I'll do whatever you want. I'm here for you, no matter what. I'll always be there. Always", I whisper back and take my phone out.
I get up and approach the door but stay in the room. I call my mother.

"Hey mom it's Ash.- *weird moan noises nearly turn me deaf because they're so loud*
Mom what the hell? What are you doing?- *the noises gets louder*
-Hi Ash *yess oh my gosh* what?
Mom! What the fuck? Just wanted to tell ya that I won't come home tonight. I'm with Ali at the hospital she isn't well.
-yeah whatever I don't care IT FEELS SO GOOD JOSH YAS"
I hang up and walk back to Ali.

What the fuck?!

"D-does she have a new l-lover? I-I'm sorry..", Ali whispers and I get back to her.
"Yeah. Did you hear the noises throughout the phone?", I ask quietly.
"Y-yeah. They were so loud.", she whispers and giggles a bit.
"Oh well.", I say and look Ali right into the eyes.

Even though it's kinda dark, I can still see her eyes and realise how pretty they are, even though her look is broken and full of pain. Seeing her like this breaks my heart....

"I-I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about- all this..", she whispers and tears run down her face.
"Hey it's okay. I'm always there. You don't need to tell me everything. I'm here for you, you don't have to tell me why you need me.", I say softly and she gives me a tired smile.
"I-I'm so c-cold Ash. C-can you lay w-with me?", she mumbles and blushes.
"Of course. B-but I'm in jeans and my shirt is full of- your puke.", I say and she giggles.
"S-sorry for that. B-but you can j-just take it o-off, they t-took my clothes a-away too. I-I'm just f-freezing in my underw-wear so come l-lay with me p-please..", she blushes and I nod.

I take my jeans, shoes, shirt and my jacket off and put them on a chair that is standing around here.
I walk up to her in my Calvin Klein underwear and she turns red.

"Y-you look so good. E-even though i-it's kinda d-dark.", she mumbles and blushes.
I smile and lay next to her.
"Ali you're so cold!", I say shoked and she nods.
"Y-yeah I-I'm freezing. And you're so warm o-oh my g-goodness.", she mumbles and smiles.

She snuggels into my side and wraps her cold arms around my waist. She lais her head on my chest and I give her a kiss on her forehead.

"I-I love you Ash. And I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you. I really should have because I needet you so much.. It literally killed me not having you by my side. Thank you for still being there.", she whispers and I almost tears up again.

"Ali. I love you. I'll always be there for you. Always. And I think you would like to know that- your mom is free. They could cure the cancer. She's cancer-free. The doc told me earlier while you were unconscious.", I say through the tears.

"Oh my gosh.", she sais shocked and lifts her head. She looks me right into the eyes. "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!", she cries and smiles through the tears.
"Oh my gosh. I love you Ash. I love you so much.", she sais and presses her lips against mine.
"I love you..", she mumbles and rests her head in the crook of my neck.
"I love you too.", I say and she wraps her body around mine.
Soon after that we fall asleep....