Chapter 49

Christen's POV

We finished eating and start talking about the future again.

"I'll miss you, Tobin.", I say.

"I'll miss you too, Chris. And I'm so, so sorry.", she answers.

"I know. And I know that you need to do this. I understand. Just know that you can always rely on me. Whenever you need something or you feel like talking, just call me.", I go on.

"Thank you. I thought about putting everything that will remind me of this city and of the people I met here in a box.", she tells me.

"That's a good idea. And whenever you miss us or we meet again, you'll open it, right?", I ask.

"Yes, that was my plan. Uh may I ask you something?", she says nervously.

"Sure. What is it?", I reply confused.

"For my box; could you write me a little note for it? So when me meet again and I open it, I can read it?", she asks and blushes.

"Of course. I'd love to Tobs.", I say and smile.

"Thank you. Ugh I'll miss you..", she mumbles.

"I'll miss you too." I say. "How about we go to my place?"

"I'd love to.", she smiles.

We pay and leave the restaurant.

Tobin drives us down the street to my house.

We get in and decide to watch a movie; 'Margaritha with a straw"

We lay on the couch and cuddle a little while watching.

"Do you want to stay the night, Tobs?", I whisper and run my fingers through her hair.

"Sure, if you want me to.", she whispers back and blushes.

After the movie, we go upstairs into my room. I grab a shirt and shorts for me and Tobs.

We change and she goes into the bathroom.

While she brushes her teath, I light some candles up and put on some soft music.

She comes back and I go.

After I'm finished, I come back and she's sitting on my bed.

"Do we- share your bed or should I sleep on the couch?", she asks politely.

"Of course we share my bed, silly!", I laugh and she gives me a huge smile.

We lay down and snuggle into my blanket.

"I'll miss you so much, Tobs.", I whisper and look at her.
She looks so pretty in the candlelight with her little smile and her sharp jawline.

"I'll miss you too, Chris.", she whispers back and the shadows play on her jawline.

"The road is going to be long. Just carry on and try to have fun in the mean time, Toby.", I whisper.

"Always. Christen. I'll always carry on.", she whispers, trying to hold back her tears.

She takes my hand and kisses it.

"Always.", she whispers again, now crying.

"Always.", I whisper back.

I wrap my arm around her shoulders and let her snuggle into my side.
She lays her head on my chest.

"Let me listen to your heart one last time.", she whispers and looks me in the eyes.

"Of course.", I smile.

She still looks me in the eyes and I feel my heart beating faster and faster.

I close my eyes and slowly get closer until I feel her lips against mine.

The feeling that I'll miss the most; being so close to her..

And even if I know that her heart belongs to somebody else amd that her spirit belongs to the freedom, I love the feeling of having her near. Having her in my arms and just cuddling, talking, laughing, kissing..

"Carry on, Toby.", I whisper.

"Always.", she whispers back and I kiss her on her forehead.