Chapter 48: Safe & Sound (1)

Christen's POV

I still can't believe that Tobin is moving away.
Yes, I understand her and her reasons, but still; I already miss her like crazy.
She means so much to me..
But I'm happy for her. Happy that she gets a chance to start a new life.
Even if I'll miss her.
She deserves it so much.

My phone rings.

'Tobin is calling'

"Hello here's Christen.", I say, trying to hide my excitement.

"Hey Chris, it's Tobin. Uh I was wondering if I could see you before I leave? I want this goodbye to be a GOODbye.", she explains nervously.

"Sure. How about we go to the restaurant in my street?", I ask.

"That's a good idea. I'm literally starving right now. Packing makes hella hungry..", she mumbles.

"Yeah you're right. You're leaving tomorrow, aren't you?", I ask.

"Yes. Tomorrow. I still can't believe it Christen. I don't know if I can do it.", she explains nervously.

"Tobs. I now that you can do it. I promise. But we'll talk about this later, okay? I want to see you. Your face. Your smile. Not only this goddamn phone. I can't wait to finally see you, Tobin. It's been two weeks.", I whine.

"Okay. See you at- let's say 7?", she says.

"That's a good time. See you soon, Tobs.", I reply.

"Bye Chris.", she answers and hangs up.

I have so much to say to her. Ugh. I wish I hadn't to do that.

I head in my room, open my wardrobe and wonder what I could wear.

Something fancy?
Something cill?
Something casual?

I bet Tobin is wearing something casual.

After a few minutes, I have three combinations ready.

A long, small black dress. With a little jacket and a small necklace.

A pair of blue jeans, a purple shirt and a leather jacket.

Or a pair of black skinny jeans, a black croptop and a light yellow-brown-ish jacket.

After another few minutes, I decide to wear the last one.

I put the jeans on, the croptop and a pair of black high heels.

I go into the bathroom and braid my hair into two braids, put on a little bit of make up and my favorite pair of earrings.

I'm so ready for this evening. I have to give her something to remember.
Even if she wants to forget about all this.
I need to give my all so that she'll remember me and this evening, even if she'll try to forget it.

I grab my keys, a little bag and leave the house.

I will walk since it's not far from my place.

I put the jacket on while I'm walking.

I wonder how this will turn out in the end..

As I arrive at the restaurant, I see Tobin's black Ford Mustang on the parking.

I suddenly get all excited.

I can't wait to see her lovely face again.

I walk in and look around.

There she is. Wearing a black pair of skinny jeans, a lightblue blouse and a black blazer. She always dresses on point.
Boy does she look good with her black cap and her long hair..

"Hey Tobs.", I say as I walk up to her and tap on her shoulder.

"Hey Chris- wow you look so good!", she says and blushes as she gets up to give me a hug.

"Said the best looking of all, right?", I love and squeeze her a little.

The barista comes and we order food& drinks.

"So how have you been?", Tobin asks.

"Okay I guess. I'm just a little confused because I don't know how college is going to be.. and you?", I explain.

"Same here. Especially because I'm not sure if I can make it; not staying in contact with any of you..", she mumbles.

"But you want it, right? You want to move on so bad that you'd even forget about us, just so that you can move on.
And I'm sure that you will, Tobin. If your REALLY want it, you will make it.", I say.

"It's not that I badly want to forget all of this. It's just that I want to move on so bad that I basically need to forget about all what happend here. I won't completely forget about it, about this city, about my friends here, about you. I will always remember this all. But I need to forget it for a liitle while. At least until I'm through college.", she explains.

"I get that, Tobin. And if you really want it, then I'll be the last one who tries to stop you. But just know that I'm always there. Always!", I say.

"I know, Chris. And I think that we'll meet again in the future. And I hope that our paths will cross again. I hope that we'll meet again.", she says with a nostalgic tone.

Our food arrives and we eat and talk about everything that we've been through together.

I still can't believe I'll loose her.

AN: stay tuned for pt 2 y'all! And don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT and stay also tuned for the next book called 'WE BELIEVE'