Chapter 23

".... I am so sorry, Tobin. For everything I did to you and I won't start with apologizing for every single time I broke your heart.. And I know that you're probably done with me and I won't be mad if you would never wanna talk to me again. And I-", she sais but I stop her.
"Alexandra Patricia Morgan. How in the world could I ever get over you? You're right, you hurt me so many times that I stopped counting them. And you tore my heart into a thousand tiny little peaces throughout the last month. Most people would hate you for that. But I don't. I can't just go ahead and hate you. I can't judge you for the things you did because I know you can do better. I know how nice, kind and lovely you can be. I won't judge you for that. But I judge you for stealing my heart, Alex. It was okay when I thought that it was safe with you but you just let it fall. You took my own self away from me. All the shit with Servando and his father, then the drug stuff and your mum.. You are only to blame for what Servando and you did to me. The rest is none if your business and I'm not mad at you for that.
But I want you to know one last thing.
I know how it feels to loose your mother. And I had the chance to take yours away from you. She was standing right in front of me. I could have killed her Alex. She was alone and we were 8.
But I didn't. I couldn't. And not because I kinda liked your mom or anything like that. I couldn't because she's your mother and because I don't want you to suffer the way that I did.
Just think about how dangerous that was for me. My uncle, my own uncle tried to kill me! He shot me because I didn't kill her. He almost killed me because I wanted your mom to stay alive. He got killed and your mom is alive. I know that it's hard for you without her, but she's not forever in prison. She's always there, even when she's not around. My mom isn't.
If you need anything, I'm always there for you.", I say. I look up to Alex. She's looking at the ground, silent tears running down her cheaks. I wipe her tears away and pull her into a hug. She hugs me even tighter and I feel her heart beating against my chest.
I know I will take some time until I can forgive her completly, but I'd never let her go again. Not after loosing her so many times.. I smile and rest my read on her shoulder.