Chapter 20

Today is the day. Today means do or die. I took so many painkillers, that my shoulder is literally numb. My old friend Alex came over and brought her twin sister too. Uncle B and Clarke organized weapons like guns and knifes. Jeremy went for a gym session to boost his muscles and Katie and trained with her personal trainer for a few hours, to refresh her judo and boxing skills. Perry explained Kelley everything she needed to know and taught her some streetfight moves. I check the time; 8:45pm. Showtime. Uncle B got everybody together in the living room and we got trough our plan one last time. Clarke hands us all a Glock45 and a butterfly knife each. I wrap tape around my fists and feet, put my up in a ponytail and check my shoulder. I put tape on the stitches to make sure I wont loose them, then put my gun on the left side of my pants, the knife on the right side. The others were ready too and we got into our cars. I hop into my dark grey Ford Mustang and Kelley joins me on the passenger side. I put the car on and start speeding behind Uncle B's car.
"Thank you for doing this, Kelley. You really don't need to.", I say without looking at her.
"Hey, Toby. I'm your best friend and I'll do anything for you and your family. I will help you, at all costs.
Plus, Hope is your friend. And your friends are in danger. And if you haven't realised yet, I have a huge crush on her. I'll do anything to keep her safe.", she sais and smiles at me.
"Thank you, Kelley. Then let's do this! It's showtime!", I say and speed up.

God please make that Alex doesn't know that women. God damn please tell me she has nothing to do with her.

My thoughts fill up my head and Kelley notices me being unfocused.
"Toby, everything will be alright. I promise.", she sais and I smile. I'm so glad to have her by my side.
Uncle B calls to check if the small phones he gave us work. We all have an in-ear and a mirco next to our mouths and a little botton to call on our shirts. They work perfectly and we all stay in line.
"We'll reach the basement in two minutes! Everybody get ready! Remeber why we're doing this. Remember why YOU'RE doing this.", Uncle B sais and I start getting very, very nervous.
I won't let you down, mommy. Just please make sure Alex stays out of all this..
I get trough the plan in my head a last time and we arrive in front a big, grey building. I park the car on the side and wait for Uncle B to start.
"Get out in 3, 2, 1.. GO!", he sais and we jump out of the cars. We head to the building and Jer smashes the door open. We head into the basement and open the doors, our guns in our hands. We head trough the whole basement and check every door, until we finally reach one last door.
"Your turn, Toby.", Uncle B sais and I step towards the door. I turn around and check if everyone's following the plan and they do. They split up; Anna (Alexia's twin sister) with Perry, Katie with Jeremy, Clarke with Uncle B and Alexia with Kelley. I take a deep breath and stab the door open. I see five men sitting on a table and putting drugs in tiny little packages. I take a few seconds to shoot all five of them, I took them by surprise. I only shot them into the shoulders, so that they survive the shot, but are unable to fight. I shoot a second round, this time in each leg once. I walk up to one of them;
"Where is Mister X? And who's the women?", I ask angrily.
"I-I don't know..", he mumbles and spits blood out. I slap him and put the gun at his head.
"Tell. Me. Now.", I say and he nods.
"A-alright. Mister X is in another room and the lady..", he passes out. Shit! I hurry to the door which Anna and Perry are keeping safe and we call again.
"It's me Tobin. Watch your back and check every single room. Mister X is still here!", I say and run trough the giant basement. I try to remeber every room we checked, when one suddently comes into my head. I think it had a hidden door! I head to the room and tell Jeremy and Katie to come. They show up just in time when I want to open the door. Uncle B and Clarke are watching my back, Alex and Kels stay with the five men and Anna and Perry are checking the entry to the entire basement. I pull the door open and see a man. He must be Mister X!
"Finally, Ben. Finally you showed up. And you even brought the little Heath. Great, let's play a bit.", the man laughs and Uncle B walks up next to me.
"Matthew.. You bastard. Let's end this here and now. There's nothing left to say.", he sais and shots. I close my eyes and hear two shots I open them again and look around. Uncle B shot Mister X but Uncle B got shot too! What the fuck? I look to the door and Perry and Anna are gone. Fuck fuck fuck! I head to Uncle B and check on him. He gives me tired smile. Thank god he put on his bulletproof jacket! I quickly call;
"Guys Uncle B got shot. He's okay but I don't know who shot! Watch your back and Per, Anna where the fuck are you?" I yell into my speaker and help Uncle B to get up. We check Mister X and he's still breathing. I take my gun out and go for one last shot into his head. He's 100% dead and I give Uncle B a handshake.
"Good job, Toby. Mom would be proud.", he sais and I feel my eyes tear up. We look to the door and that's when I see her. This can't be—