3

-GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW⚠Viewer discretion is advised. This is also a LONG chapter!

______________________________________
Macey

______________________________________Macey

》Maverick《

"Night night Maceybear!" My little brother hugged me and kissed me on my cheek making me chuckle.

He ate and he showered already.

He happily jumped onto the king size bed, which happened to be in Kaylee's guest room.

"Night night Mavey," I whispered. He flashed his smile at me and it made me realize I need to do better for us both. I try, but I know there is more I can do.

"Macey?"

"Yea little man?" I asked tucking him in. He was all snug and he popped his question, but it hit me by surprise.

"When are we gonna go live with grandma?" He asked in a sad tone.

I sighed. I knew this question was gonna come up, but I just don't want to tell him why we can't.

Just a week ago I found out my grandmother was very ill. They said at any given moment she was bound to pass away.

My grandpa is already dead, Mavey knows that, but he doesn't know that his grandma is near death.

We can't be around her either. I don't know what she is sick with, but it's very contagious. I wasn't risking Mavey or me catching it and us losing one another and not being able to take care of each other.

What would I do without him and what would he do without me?

"Mavey grandma is really sick ok? We can't go there cause it can spread and I don't want you to catch it. I'm sorry to tell you, but grandma may go be with grandpa in a while..." My voice cracked running my fingers in his hair. "How did she get sick? I thought granny live forever?" He poked his bottom lip.

It started trembling and I quickly pulled him into my chest as I heard light sobs. "Shh Mavey it's ok." I rubbed his back, "Grandma won't be sick anymore when she goes to be with grandpa." I said.

He pulled back and looked at me with those big red poofy brown eyes. "You promise?"

I brought up my pinky and he intertwined his with mine. I brought his pinky up to my lips and kissed it.

"I promise," I smiled.

He always cared about grandma. He would help me cook for her, and help me dress her when needed, and just help around the house. He made sure his granny was taken care of and so did I.

It's sad she might pass away any day and we dont know, even worse we wouldn't be able to go to her funeral.

My mother hates my grandmother. Why? Because "that bitch always in my damn business about my damn kids!"