Chapter 6: Hell to Follow

~Knox~

Mick pounded the gavel down on the table with more intensity than usual.

That meant that something had pissed him off this afternoon.

"Ricky called this morning with bad news from Wyoming," he began.

"The other crew they've been having problems with isn't too happy about sharing territory. There was a shootout at the local clubhouse and Ace was hit," Cash, added.

The chapel erupted with cursing and pounds on the table. Each man sitting at the table was fuming with anger at the fact that one of our brothers was hit by enemy fire. The Tribe didn't have shit like this go down often, but when it did, it never went unanswered.

"He in one piece?" Mack asked, his question silencing the room full of raging voices.

Mick nodded. "It wasn't too serious. They patched him up, but he wants blood."

"We heading down there to get it for him?" I interjected.

"You bet your ass we are," Bear said.

The chapel once again rose in volume as each man agreed.

"Let's gut them fucking peckerwoods," Tweaker managed to say over the chaos.

"Hell yeah," I agreed.

No one fucked with a member of the Tribe. If you did, there was hell to follow.

Mick pounded down on the gavel once again, demanding quiet. When he finally managed to get everyone in the chapel to settle down and back in their seats, he let out a loud breath in frustration.

"The Wyoming Pres seems to think that containing the situation would be best. Riding into town would put us all at risk," Mick informed.

"So we're supposed to just let this go?" Mack asked cynically.

"No way," Cash interjected immediately. "I talked to Ricky and he said that they got shit under control. "

"Doesn't seem like it," I scoffed, earning a look from Cash.

"I trust him," he added. "Shep promised that Ace could even take the guy out himself when they find him."

I'd met Shep, the Wyoming president, a few times while I was nomad. I knew he was good for his word, and if he thought that having us go up there would be more of a risk, than letting them handle the retaliation was probably best.    

"I don't like it," Tweaker said, shaking his head.

"Me neither," Bear agreed.

"If Shep thinks he can get the bastard that shot Ace without backup then we should just back off. Too many cooks in the kitchen ain't ever made a good a soup," I said, earning a surprised look from Tweaker.

He was all about the revenge.

"What he said," Mick agreed, pointing at me. "Although, I have no fucking clue why we're talking about soup."

The table chuckled, seeming to take everyone down a few notches. 

"Ace'll chop that guy's dick clean off when they find him," Mack teased, and we all chuckled further.

Other than Tweaker, Ace was the worst one of us to mess with. He was single and had no family, which meant he had nothing to lose. That also made him a loose cannon that was ready to blow at even the slightest wrong movement. I almost felt bad for the idiot who shot him. He didn't know what was coming. Ace was a mean son of a bitch when he was pissed, and I could imagine that getting shot had really pissed him off.