Chapter 33: Trust Me

Let me just start this off by saying a big THANK YOU to all of you reading right now. It's because of all of you that this book has gotten so far and why I continued to write as much and as quickly as I did. We just surpassed 8k right after I posted the last chapter and are already almost at 9k and I owe it to all of you. This isn't my first book that has reached this milestone or my most popular one by far, but it has the most special place in my heart and it's because of all the wonderful interaction I've had with everyone who reads and shows me support every week on here and even on Instagram. So thank you thank you thank you and I hope you enjoy!

Song for this chapter: Seeing Blind by Niall Horan & Maren Morris (Absolutely love this song!!)

~Ronnie~

Days had passed and as far as I knew, Rigs was in the wind. I hadn't been able to talk to Knox much since he and the guys were still searching the state for him, but he had called a couple times thanking me for helping Nora and promising we would talk soon. Although I was hoping his words were true, I was caught by surprise after hearing a knock on my door— only to find Knox standing on my doorstep with Nora by his side.

"Hi," I said, my eyebrows narrowing in confusion.

"Hey," he began, shooting me a small smirk.

"Can we come in?" he asked, gesturing between him and Nora.

I nodded, opening the door wide enough to let them both in.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as we all settled in the living room. "Did you find Rigs?"

Nora shook her head, clear disappointment on her face.

I couldn't even imagine the thought of a violent estranged husband on the loose while trying to accept the fact that my kids had to stay in a different state without their mother. Nora's behavior was more than understandable under the circumstances.

"We have some leads, but don't have him just yet," Knox began. "But that's why we're here. We need your help," he said, his tone distant. It was always strange to talk to him while other people were around. He was always more serious, more direct, and less of the Knox that I knew behind closed doors.

Despite the act, I played along with him. "Sure," I said. "Anything I can do to help."

Knox smiled softly. "We're heading up to Wisconsin to check out a lead and we were hoping that Nora could stay with you while we're gone."

"Oh," I said, surprised. Although I felt connected to Nora since I was the one who convinced Knox to talk to her in the first place, I hardly knew the girl. Having a stranger live with me was a tall order to ask, but if it was coming from the Tribe, I knew I couldn't really say no.

"Okay," I agreed. "I mean, I don't have much room, but we'll make it work."

"Good," Knox said, standing to his feet. "I know it's a little weird but Nora doesn't really feel comfortable at the clubhouse or with any of the guys. She doesn't know any of the old
ladies and she trusts you. We don't think Rigs would be dumb enough to come back to town, but if he does, this is the last place he'd look for Nora."

I nodded, seeing the sense in this plan. As far as Rigs new, Nora and I were perfect strangers and he would have no reason to suspect she was hiding out in my apartment if for some reason he did come back for her. If she stayed at the clubhouse or at Tawny and Mick's and Rigs did decide to come back, those would surely be the first places he would look.

"Thank you," Nora said, pulling me into a hug. "For everything."

I hugged her back hesitantly and smiled. Although I wasn't exactly jumping for joy at the fact that I now had a roommate in a one bedroom apartment, I was happy I was at least helping. At the same time, it didn't suck that I would have someone on the inside who could at least fill me in on what was going on.