Chapter 11: It Happens

Even though we did not hit ten votes or comments on the last chapter, I decided I would post the next one a day early anyway because I really like this chapter! ;) If you enjoyed please vote and comment to let me know!!!

~Ronnie~ 

Once all the men disappeared behind the church doors, I found myself growing in concern for what this all meant. Knox didn't say much about why this happened and Cash had said even less. When Mick called, they went running, and now I was left even more confused, scared, and with the knowledge that I would apparently be spending the night at the clubhouse. I hadn't even seen the inside of one of the clubhouse bedrooms when I was sleeping with Cash, but I guess I would finally find out if they were as repulsive as everyone said. 

I had just wandered to the hallway where said bedrooms were when I caught a glimpse of Carter for the first time tonight. 

"What the hell happened to you?" Carter asked, coming out from one of the bedrooms. Even she didn't look half as terrified as I felt.

It worried me how calm everyone was being about this. For fuck sake, we could have all ended up dead tonight and they were all acting as if it was another day at the office. Carter may not have been at Black's while it all went down, but she must have known something had happened because my bloody clothes were wrapped up in a pile in the kitchen and we were all under strict orders to remain in the clubhouse until told otherwise. Still, the sixteen-year-old looked more bored than anything. 

"Just got cut from some glass," I shrugged. "I'm fine."  

"Thank god it wasn't you," she said, pulling me into a tight hug. 

Okay, so maybe she was a little more concerned than I thought, but she still didn't seem very surprised by any of this. In the year that I had been living in Utah, nothing like this had ever happened before. Sure, there were fights at Black's quite frequently, and sometimes the cops were called, but there was never a shootout, and I had never been forced into club lockdown before. 

"Come here, babe!" Tawny called. "A night like yours calls for some shots," she said, waving me over to the couch where all the old ladies were sitting. 

"Mom always drinks when shit like this goes down," Carter mumbled, taking my arm in hers and leading me towards the other ladies. 

"This kind of thing go down often?" I asked, just before we reached the couches. 

Carter shrugged. "Not as much lately, but you know, it happens."

To hear the sixteen-year-old girl who was basically my little sister rationalize this was strange. Tonight had me feeling like I didn't know the people I had been living around for the last year at all. I wasn't naive enough to think that the Tribe made all their money through Black's, the truck stop, and the tattoo parlor, but I think I underestimated how dangerous they actually were. Everyone in town was scared of them, but I always thought it was just an intimidation thing. I always knew that shit could eventually hit the fan with their other businesses, but I felt like they were too careful for it to actually happen. No one in town even knew with their other business was. There were rumors, but no one knew for sure, and that was a testament to how careful they were.   

When we were finally in arms reach, Tawny held out a half-empty bottle of vodka to me. 

"Drink," she insisted, "It'll make you feel better."  

I hesitated for a couple of moments before Tawny urged the bottle at me further. 

"She's not lying," Joanie agreed. "I already feel it working its magic,"  she slurred.