Chapter 39: Always

I am so excited to be posting these last couple chapters, but also sad at the same time. The final chapter is due out next week and then the Epilogue will be out the week after that. After that Knox and Ronnie's story will come to an end. BUT they will be making appearances in Book 2 which will be out very soon!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter and thank you for always showing me such amazing support and love.

Song for this chapter: Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse

~Ronnie~

I had never truly understood the idea of hours feeling like minutes until Rigs had hung up the phone with Knox. Sitting here with Rigs, knowing I wasn't gonna make it out of this alive even if Knox did come for me, it made every passing second feel like it had come and gone too quickly.

I was exhausted, hungry, and cold. I was thankful when I felt my eyes grow heavy, relieved that I would finally be able to escape the literal hell I was in for even a little while. Rigs just couldn't let that happen. Just when I felt myself dozing off, I felt Rig's rough hand slapping me awake. I winced at his brutal action and felt an angry burn on my cheek.

"Eyes open," he demanded.

"Fuck you," I spit. That only earned another slap, this time harder. I cried out, feeling one of his rings break the skin on my forehead.

"You wanna keep talking?" he challenged. I shook my head and sucked back my tears.

"What I thought," he bragged, sitting back down at the make-shift chair and table set up. He looked down at the time on my phone and scoffed as he stuffed his face with a bag of pork rinds. "Your boy only has about an hour left before I get to kill you," he said with a mouth full of food.

I shook my head. "You're gonna kill me either way."

Rigs shifted his head to the side. "True, but at least if he somehow gets Nora away from the clubhouse, I get to see the look on his face when I kill you right in front of him."

I bit my lip, really struggling to contain my emotions on the topic of my impending death. I never thought I would die in a place like this. Hell, I never imagined my life turning into what it had. I promised myself that I wouldn't end up like all of the girls I went to high school with who got trapped in a marriage with some guy who couldn't give a fuck about them because they got knocked up young. I swore that wouldn't be my life. I wanted to make something of myself. I wanted to go to college, find a nice man, get married, and then maybe one day have babies. Here I was, being held hostage in a damn warehouse, pregnant, and biding time until Rigs decided he didn't need me around anymore. This was worse than all the girls I had grown up with. I had gotten in the middle of a bitter feud between a bunch of damn bikers, and now it would cost me my life.

While I didn't want to die myself, I was more upset by the fact that the baby growing inside of me would die too.

I'll admit, I was praying that the test would say I wasn't pregnant, but when I saw it come back positive, my feelings changed. I was scared at the idea of having a kid, and probably still would be if I somehow made it out of this alive, but I wanted it. I was never sure if I ever wanted to be a mom, but the moment I realized that there was a little person growing inside of me, I knew I would find a way to take care of us, even when Knox made it clear he did not feel the same. I felt an overwhelming need to protect this baby and give it a fighting shot at a life. That meant that I needed to live too, and if Knox wasn't gonna come to my rescue, I would just have to rescue my damn self.

"I'm hungry," I announced.

Rigs scoffed. "Too bad."

I let out a breath. "Please," I begged. "It's the least you could do considering your gonna kill me," I said, nodding my head towards the bag of fatty snacks.