Chapter 31: He's Gone

Hope you all enjoy the chapter! Please let me know by voting and commenting!

Song for this chapter: Let It Be Me by Ray Lamontagne

~Ronnie~

Never did I think that helping Nora would turn out the way it had. I was adamant that having Knox in my apartment was just so that he and Nora could talk away from the club, and it somehow ended up with him in my bed. It wasn't that I regretted what happened, I just knew it really shouldn't have. I had decided to stay away from Knox for many reasons, reasons we both knew were good enough to end what was going on between us. And yet, even when I thought I had finally broken away from him for good, there I was only yesterday having sex with him— and more than once. I really didn't know how I got myself back into all of this.

Stupid vagina.... she was such a slut for Knox.

Either that or I liked him a lot because that was the only thing that could explain the sinking feeling I got when I saw how angry and hurt Knox was by Nora's revelation. It scared me to think that I had these feelings for him, since up until now all we were doing was having a little fun.

This made it all too real.

Hearing him say he was gonna murder a man and get away with it made it even more real, and the way Knox spoke so nonchalantly about it made me wonder if it was his first time doing something like this. Judging by his reaction when he saw me just dancing with another man, and his actions just yesterday, I was beginning to realize just how dangerous the Hell's Tribe was. The way he laughed when I voiced my worry that he might get caught told me that he had probably done this before and so had the other guys. Knowing all of this, I should have been scared, I should have wanted to run away. But, something about it all made me feel even safer knowing that each of these men had my back should I need them to. It was fucked up to feel calm after discovering all of this, but I trusted Knox, and I was confident that he would keep his promise that Rigs would be the only person getting hurt in this situation.

_______________________

I hadn't heard much from Knox since yesterday, but I only assumed he was dealing with telling his brothers about Rigs. I imagined it hadn't gone over too well, and they were all calculating their next move, but I couldn't help but be tempted to call him just to hear what was going on. I knew it wasn't exactly my place to learn the details, but I invested enough time and energy into helping Nora to hear how things turned out. So when I saw Knox's number appear on my screen, I nearly fell off of my bed trying to answer it before it went to voicemail.

"Hey," I said breathlessly, as I resettled myself on the corner of my mattress.

"Hi," Knox said coldly.

I swallowed hard, worried that his tone meant something had changed since yesterday. Although we hadn't technically talked about what hooking up again meant, I assumed it meant something different than before.

"So, listen, I'm here with Mick and we need to get Nora to explain everything to him and we were wondering if you could help us again?" he asked.

Realization washed over me that Knox sounded off because he had to play it off in front of Mick. I would have to play along and pretend that he and I were nothing more than mere acquaintances who occasionally crossed paths at Black's or at the clubhouse.

"Sure," I said. "But how can I help?" I asked.

"She's scared of me, kid," Mick's voice chimed in. He must have had me on speakerphone. "Said she won't come talk to me unless you're with her. I guess she really trusts you."