Chapter 21: Low Key

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! (if you don't celebrate, happy holidays!!) I thought it would be nice to update a few days early as a gift from me to you! Hope you all enjoy, this is one of my favorite chapters.

~Ronnie~

"So that's it then?" I asked, not knowing what else to say to him.

My feelings for Knox were just reaching their peak when he decided hooking up with Candy would be a good idea. It really fucking hurt to have him make-out with her right in front of me and not even be able to do anything about it or react in any way. The only thing I could do was finish my shift like nothing was wrong and not let anybody know how dumb I was to actually believe him when he told me he wanted to be exclusive.

Guys never want to be exclusive. Especially not guys in the Tribe.

"I don't want to end this, Ronnie, but I don't have a fucking choice," he insisted.

I understood more now why he'd lied and tried to make me mad by being with someone else, but it didn't change the fact that he was picking the club over me. I didn't want to be selfish and just expect him to be willing to give it all up for me when we'd only been really seeing each other for just over a month, but I couldn't deny that I was disappointed.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't really know how you expect to go on if no one can know about us and we can't even see each other."

Knox got to his knees in front of me and took my hands in his. "It's just for a little while. A few months max," he mumbled into the palm of my hands.

I pulled my hands away in frustration, while he acted like this wasn't a big deal. "So you expect me to just wait around for you while you fuck your way through the whole line of club whores?" I asked, in dismay.

"Sweets, that's not what I meant," he insisted, shaking his head.

"So what did you mean then?" I questioned. "And what's gonna change in a few months from now that we'll be able to be together?"

Knox let out a breath and pondered my question for a few moments.

"I don't know," he admitted. "I'm just hoping that we can keep things low key until shit calms down on the club front. That way, hearing about me and you being together won't be as much of a big deal."

"So you just want me to cross my fingers that in a few months Mick and Cash won't care that we're sleeping together?" I asked cynically.

"Yes," he nodded, hopeful that I would agree.

"And in these few months, I'm doing what exactly?"

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Am I seeing other people?" I asked, although I already knew what his answer would be.

"Fuck no," he insisted.

"Are you?" I fired back.

I was only answered by silence, which told me exactly what I needed to know.

I stood to my feet, ready to force Knox out my door, but he held me down by my knees, not letting me leave the chair.

"I don't want to, but it might look weird if I don't."

I rolled my eyes. "Please Knox, save that bullshit for some other girl who's dumb enough to believe it."

"I mean it!" he insisted. "Why else would I bother with us? You said it yourself, if I was just looking for a quick fuck, I could have Candy when and where I want her. That's not what I want. She's not what I want."