Chapter 9: Chaos

If you enjoy this chapter please vote, it helps me out a lot !! Let me know what you think in the comments!!

~Ronnie~

Asshole was the only word that came to mind when Knox entered Black's for the first time in weeks.

I couldn't believe he actually walked right past me without so much as looking in my direction. It was like I was completely invisible to him. I knew we were nothing, I wasn't completely delusional, but he didn't have to pretend like I didn't exist just because it got awkward after he dropped me off the last time. He and I both knew there was nothing between us other than some harmless flirting, but he'd been avoiding Black's for weeks making us look like we were having some kind of secret affair or some shit.

It was stupid.

What did he think, that I would jump his bones if he even came near me?

I had self-control, and I wasn't about to start a civil war within the Tribe just for some reckless fun. All I wanted was for things to go back to normal, even if it did only make me want him more. Knox didn't get to ignore me just because Cash had given him some weird looks. I would have him talking to me even if it took staring at him all night to do it.

I'd been watching Knox talk with Ace for a while, and not once had he even glanced in my direction. I had half a mind to go over there and take drink orders when it all happened. I wasn't even sure what was going on at first, but when I saw Loraine fall to the floor holding her bloody abdomen, the loud sounds seemed to register.

Bullets.

Guns.

Shooting.

When the glass in front of me shot out with shards flying everywhere, I threw myself to the ground, hoping I would make it out of this alive.

_____________________________

I kept my eyes tightly shut as I shielded my body away from the loud gunshots. I covered my face with my shaky hands and tried to think about my next move, but my thoughts were flying a million miles per minute.

Rain was bleeding, she needed help. I needed to find some way to get to her and get us both out of here safely. Just when I was ready to do so, I felt a large hand grip my shoulder. I twitched with panic, but only until I heard the voice of the person holding me.

"Ronnie, it's Knox," he said, softly.

I instantly leaned into his touch and felt a sense of safety overcome me. I uncovered my face and as I looked up at him, I saw panic fill his green eyes.

"You're bleeding," he said, an alarming tone taking over his voice. He lifted his hand up to my forehead and gently brushed the spot just below my hairline. I didn't notice the stinging before, but his touch had caused me to feel every bit of it. I brought my own hand up to the area that felt like someone had set fire to it and was surprised to see the crimson blood on my fingertips.

"I'm bleeding," I repeated, not fully grasping the situation. Did I get shot? It hurt, but not bad enough to feel like a bullet wound. Could I even survive a gunshot to the head?

An overwhelming sense of panic overcame me as I regarded the blood on my hand. I felt my breathing grow uneven as my chest heaved up and down.

"Hey," Knox interjected, gently pulling my face into his hands. "You're okay, Sweets. It just looks like a cut from some glass."

I nodded quickly, trying my best to calm myself down. I was okay.

"We need to get you out of here and to the clubhouse, now."