Chapter 1: Truth

~Ronnie~

1 Year Later...

I really, really didn't want to call him. It was bad enough he caught me checking him out the other day and now I had to call and ask for a favor out of the blue. He might not even say yes— hell, he might not even answer my call. It was past midnight on Friday, surely he had something or rather someone else to be doing right now. The thought brought a blush to my cheeks. If I called and he was in the middle of fucking some chick, I would literally die of embarrassment. Despite my better judgment, I knew I had no other choice. If I called any of the old ladies, I knew it will get back to one of the guys, and even one of them knowing meant that they would all know.

I guided my shaky fingers across my cell phone screen and took a deep breath as I heard the dial tone sound. I waited for three rings before the line finally clicked and his voice sounded from the other end.

"Yeah?" he asked, slight confusion in his tone.

He surely didn't have my number saved—hell, the only reason I had his was because Mick insisted I have each of the guys saved on my phone in case of an emergency.

"Kn-Knox" I stuttered, as I cleared my throat. "It's Ronnie" I managed.

"Ronnie?" he asked, clearly caught off guard.

"I know this is really random but I need your help." I tried to keep my voice from slurring, but I was so buzzed it was practically out of my control.

"You alright?" he asked with concern. "Mick is right here, I can grab him for you," he suggested, making my heart pulse quickly.

"No!" I shouted instantly. "Please do not call Mick," I practically begged.

"Okay.." he said, hesitantly. 

"Look, I'm in some trouble and I don't want him losing his shit," I revealed, letting out a sigh.

"Do you want me to call Cash?" he suggested again. "He's here too."

No, I most definitely did not want him to call Cash.

We fooled around for a few weeks when I first moved to Utah, but that ended quickly. I tried to keep my distance since things fizzled out, but Mick wouldn't let it happen. He treated me like family and insisted I be included in all things family related, and since Cash was his son, that meant we often got forced into the same room together.

Cash wouldn't let go so easily, and although he made no real moves to try and be with me for real, he was still overprotective and possessive as if we were together, and I didn't like it.

I let out a frustrated breath and held my arms around myself as I shivered in the night air. My skimpy red dress seemed like a good idea a few hours ago—now not so much. Not that I knew that I would be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing but my cell phone and the cops circling around the streets on a constant loop, but still. The fuck-me heels I was wearing that were five inches tall weren't  helping much either, but my feet were too cold when I took them off and the pain was more comfortable than the frigid ground under my feet.

"No," I said again. "Do not call anyone," I demanded.

If I wanted someone else I would have called them first, but having a club full of men who either treated me like a daughter or baby sister meant that they were too loyal to Mick and Cash to keep my predicament under wraps.

"I lost my purse and I'm stuck hiding behind a damn dumpster trying to avoid the cops, but it's fucking freezing and I need a ride," I explained vaguely.

"The cops?" he questioned, clearly surprised. "The fuck you do?"

"Knox!" I snapped. "That's not important. Will you come get me or not?"