Chapter 20

"If you keep this, to you." I look, hopefully at him.

"Go ahead."

"Niall, I-I....look please don't take me wrong, there's a boy, I met him at first day of my college and he was so jerk to me, we had an argument as he pushed Emma forward to walk out of the class. Then, he wrote me a note, to meet him in alley, I tore that paper and walked away, when I was with Emma, walking to her car he dragged me to the alley and, we...we..." it's so embarrassing, wetting my lips, gulping the bile in my throat, I continue, "we kissed."

"Wait.... What do you mean by 'we', I mean you too kissed him?" he asks, totally horrified.

"y-yeah, sort of " I reply, my cheeks heating up, from embarrassment.

"okay." He says.

"And Emma, saw us and then she told me that he is a big asshole, he usually sleeps with different girls every night." I tell him.

"Okay, this is what, kept pestering you, isn't it?" he asks, frowning.

"Yeah, his blue eyes, there's something behind that, a depth, which is pestering me I don't know why." I say, exasperating.

"And, did he said anything else to you?" he asks.

"Yeah, he tried to talk to me the whole week after that incident, but I ignored him."

"Kath, look I really don't know, what to say, but if he is an asshole than you should keep your distance from him." He says, with polite smile, and continues. "So just stop thinking about it, and come on, let's have an ice cream, as, a friend told me that ice cream is an excellent thing to have when you are upset or over thinking the things, it relaxes every nerve, with its coldness, and calms our bitter mind with their sweetness."

I smile at him, he is an amazing friend, and he knows well how to comfort me.

He drives straight to ice cream parlor, we sit on the hood of the car enjoying our ice cream in this freezing cold, November, thankfully, and I brought my jacket with me.

"Kathie" someone calls me from behind, I turn and freeze in my stance, its Luke, walking to me, I slide down the hood, Niall beside me, frowning, in confusion.

"Hey... Kath look we need to talk?" he says, Niall, turns to me.

"Who's he?" he asks.

"Luke, the blue eyed boy, I told you remember."

"Oh."

"Kath, please, let me explain for once, I know that, Emma has told you about me, but please at least give me the chance to explain, you have kept me ignoring, but please just listen me out." he says, pleading.

"I think, I should give you two some moment alone." Niall whispers to my ear.

"okay." I say to him, I don't know why I feel like I should give him a chance to explain himself. Niall walks out, leaving us two.

"Kath, look I m so sorry, for being a jerk but believe me I, really want to change for you, whatever I did is my past, I really have fallen for you, the moment you argued with me in the class, I felt something there in between us, i know that it sounds strange but believe me, i can't keep you out of my mind just for a second, Kath, even for me this feeling is so new, i never felt this pull, need, want, spark whatever you can say for anyone and  I want to be good, to change for you. Kath you make me feel, the way I never felt earlier for anyone, believe me, I tried to tell you the moment I realized it, but you ignored me." He continues, "I know what I did to Emma and others was wrong, I feel guilty for that, please give me a chance, to show you how much I want you, please." He's breathing hard as he finishes.

"Luke, I really don't now how to react , but I believe that everyone changes someday, for someone, but I really don't know that, that someone is me or not, look I really don't know what to say to you, but I'll think about it."