Chapter 46

Niall's P.O.V.

"Niall, what's wrong why you were crying?" she asks concerned.

"No I wasn't." I reply, I try hard to hide my emotions my feeling for her, but its getting harder now.

"Yes, you were, Niall, and stop lying to me, will you? What has changed between us Niall, did I do something wrong, than hit me, yell on my face, do whatever you want to do but please don't be like this." She snatches my cigarette and throws it away, "you know that this is not good for your health." She snaps.

"Kath, stop acting like, you are my mom, and go inside, before I say something worst to you." I yell at her.

"You can say whatever you want to but I am not leaving, okay."

She is so stubborn, I huff and produce another cigarette from my back pocket, and lit it with lighter, and we sit silently.

"Niall, I don't know what forced you to change, but what you are doing is wrong, it'll affect your future, please, stop this for the sake of your future." She begs.

"Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going but you never do it you just use the future to escape the present." I say a quotation from 'looking for Alaska', which she read so many times.

"Stop quoting, when I am asking you something answer it to me straight, and you can't say that it is nostalgia, because if we never think about our future we won't come to know where to go."

"Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting." I reply.

"Niall, novels life is different from real life; you have to speak your mind, so that others can understand your problem." She huffs

"I know, anyways, I am the same person which I was earlier, its just little changes are good sometimes." I say, "and by the way, good luck for tomorrow, I am so happy for you." I try hard not to cry in front of her, and it is better to dismiss her with best words because it's useless to argue with her, she is so stubborn and my feelings for her were supposed to be secret. And before it turns out, my heart's a blabber mouth I need to change the direction of this conversation.

"So, are you excited for tomorrow?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yeah and nervous too. By the way what you planned for my gift?" she asks, thank god.

"Its surprise." I say and her face lights up with excitement and joy.

"Okay, what else do you want?" I ask her,

"I want my best friend back."

"Your wish is my command, beasty anything else."

"Um... no for now." She replies smiling.