Chapter 1 ✔

Manila, Philippines

Rian's POV

(Present time)

"Mom, aalis na po ako. Pakibantayan po si Rain." I said with a smile and kissed my mom's forehead.

She smiled at me. "Okay sweetie. Ako'ng bahala kay baby. Take good care of yourself."

I nodded and kissed my son's lips with the words 'I love you' before leaving the house and started walking.

By the way, I'm Aloha Rian Rivera. I'm 23 years old who gave birth at age of 20 and that's the reason why I haven't finished college.

My life is the complete opposite of the saying 'rags to richest'. A decade ago, I was a princess of our mansion. Dad is one of the richest in the country. Until one day I woke up, we've lost everything except our house. Weeks after that, we've lost my dad.

Me and mom worked hard and leaned on each other's shoulder.

I wasn't even able to enter Greenfield University, where I studied for months, without a scholarship. But look what happened... I met a guy. I was fooled. I gave myself. He left me.

I was very disappointed to my self when I knew that he made me pregnant. But looking at my son who looks just like him turns the disappointment into happiness.

I was very thankful to my mom that time because instead of scolding or slapping me, she just cried and hugged and said that we should be thankful for the blessing.

"Hi Rian." Michael greeted when he saw me inside the restaurant I'm working in as a waitress.

I smiled at him. "Good morning."

And I walked inside the locker room.

Michael always wanted to court me but I always insist. I have my son and aside form that, I'm not ready for any game.

Yes, game. I promised to myself that I'll never fall in love again. The first man I loved only took my virginity away.

I change my clothes into a black skirt, white long sleeve Polo, and sandals.

I shook my head. Kung bakit ba naman kasi ganito ang uniform namin? Pwede namang slacks di ba? Hindi naman manyak si Mr. AC, the owner of this restaurant, pero ganito ang uniform namin. Kaya minsan nababastos na kami eh.

Lumabas na 'ko sa locker room at nagsimulang tumulong dahil kahit umaga palang, marami na ang customers.

"Rian..." our supervisor called me.

"Yes ma'am?" I politely asked.

"Can you bring Mr. Mendoza's breakfast to his office?"

Mendoza... why do I have to hear your stupid surname again?

I nodded. "Sure ma'am."

I picked the tray containing Mr. AC's breakfast. I prefer Mr. AC than Mr. Mendoza. I hate it when I say his surname.

I went to the fourth floor, through the elevator, where his office is located.

His secretary smiled upon seeing me so I did the same.

I knocked on the door and waited for Mr. AC's permission.

"Come in." He coldly said with authority.

I came in and saw him sitting on his swivel chair behind a table with his phone touching his ear.

He motioned me to put the foods down to the dining area while talking to someone. "Oh yes... sure..."

I started to unload the tray while unintentionally listening to him.

"If that'll make you happy... yeah... I'm with it Aiden..."

I was stunned when I heard his name.

"Okay okay... I'm with it TAM... you happy now?" He again said while chuckling.

I felt relieved. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he's talking to a guy who's also named Aiden. Or maybe I heard wrong words.

I can feel that he's approaching so I finished the work.

"You may go Ms. Rivera. Thank you." He said from behind.

I turned at him and nodded with a smile before going out of his office.

Upon walking... I wonder where the great father of my child is.

Somewhere out there... banging girls.

I bitterly smiled at that thought. Kung bakit ba naman kasi hindi ako nakinig sa mga tao noong nagsasabi na isa siyang expert sa kama at sa pag-iwan.

Hmm... at least I have my Rain.

- - - - - -

It's lunch time and I'm really hungry but it's not yet our time to eat. We should wait for 30 minutes so that other crews will substitute us. And since half of us were having lunch, we have to work faster.

Marami ang customers at mas nadadagdagan pa sila. Oh life.

But it's okay. At least my son already ate his lunch.

I just walked out of the powder room when I heard some of the women giggling. Even some staffs of the restaurant.

"Rian!" Our supervisor again called.

I crossed the distance between us and politely asked her. "Bakit po?"

"The guy over there is Mr. Mendoza's cousin. Ipinagbilin na siya sa 'kin ni sir. Would you mind to serve him?" She said while looking at a corner.

I also glanced at that corner and saw a man's back view. He's wearing a blue-green polo shirt with jeans and tennis shoes. I can say that he's a big man with that broad shoulder.

I nodded. "Sure ma'am." I said.

I pulled a pad of paper and a pen as I walk to the direction of the man.

"Excuse me sir. Can I get your or-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when our eyes met when he turned his head at me.

Oh no...

He smiled revealing his perfect set of white teeth, and a pair of deep dimples.

"Miss?" He curiously asked.

It made me realize that I'm standing infront of him as a waitress.

"I'm-I'm sorry sir. Excuse me." I just said and ran to the locker room.

It can't be him!

My tears fell as memories come back.

His handsome face... those dimples... the appeal.

Four years. Four years and now, he's just meters away. Sobrang lapit lang niya. How can fate be so playful?!

That man... that man is no other than Aiden Mendoza. The only man once in my life. The man who looks just like my son. The man who doesn't remember me anymore.

He's here. My baby's father is here. And I'm not ready.

- - - ◾ - - -