Chapter 46 ✔

Rian's POV

"Hmm. This is the second time. TAM's gonna kill him." Mom said too while shaking her head.

I'm speechless and knowing nothing about what they're talking about so I've decided to butt in.

"Mom I don't get it. Ano'ng pinag-uusapan niyo? Hindi niyo po alam na patay na si Aiden?"

The couple's eyebrows were creased that made my mind twirl even more.

Long silence even passed and the confusion is clearly visible in our faces- mom and I.

"Maybe we should start traveling to the hospital where Aiden is." Mom said through an uneasy tone.

"This little guy here should eat." Dad said. "You all have too."

"Especially you Rian." My mom added.

"You haven't eat yet Rian?" Mom asked.

"I did mom. Pero konti lang. So I guess I really should eat."

"Are you sick honey?" Dad asked me. "You look paler as ever."

I sighed. "Well I'm pregnant. So maybe it has to do with my look dad."

A smile slowly appeared on dad's face while mom's eyes became teary. The woman stood up and hugged me tightly while dad didn't know what to say.

"Mommy! Where daddy?" Rain shouted while tapping dad's arm since he is carried by dad.

I simply smiled at him and restrained my tears from falling. "We'll be going to daddy baby."

- - - - - -

We're inside the car, on our way to the hospital and I feel nothing at all except for the urging feeling of seeing Aiden.

Shouldn't I be feeling so lonely and pained if he's death?

I just don't get his parents. They didn't even shed a tear when I told them that their son's dead. And then we're heading to a hospital instead of heading to a funeral home or morgue. I don't get things. I think something is up.

Dad pulled the brake in front of the hospital.

"Ladies, me and Rain will follow. Right little boy?" Dad said while looking at Rain beside me.

Rain nodded and kissed my arm. "Bye bye mommy!"

I just smiled and kissed his cheeks. "Be good."

The two mothers went out the car first and I followed. Still following both their tracks to nowhere... conclusion running on my mind.

What if mom just moved on about Aiden's death? What if they think he is just sick, not knowing he's dead? Or... what if Aiden's not dead?

We stepped inside the elevator, and I'm still weary.

"Let's go Rian."

I got back to my senses when mom almost yelled at me. I looked in front of me and found mom and mommy Anne already outside the elevator.

I composed myself, stepped out of the four corners and walked with them.

It was a silence before mommy Anne spoke, "here we are." She smiled a bit.

I didn't know what to say as I stare at a HOSPITAL ROOM'S DOOR.

Why here? Why not at the morgue?

They both stepped aside and waited for me to open the door myself.

I heaved a very deep sigh before turning the doorknob and going inside the room that is more like a hotel.

I stood in front of a hospital bed like a paralyzed person with my mouth opened... looking down at Aiden's body lying on the bed, SLEEPING.

I inhaled with teeth gritting and ran to his side, violently tapping his bandaged arm.

"Hoy..." I kept saying.

He groaned in pain and opened his eyes that widened the moment he recognized me.

"Aloha?"

"Hayop ka! Paanong buhay kapa?!" I shouted at him and threw my pouch right on his face.

He jumped in surprise and began covering his face and arm. "Damn Aloha! Why? What's happening?"

The door burst opened and the two mothers came holding us both.

I pulled myself away from all of them and started crying.

I was tricked! Crying liters of tears because of a joke?! Screw them!

"What's happening?" I heard Aiden asked.

I, once again, let out a loud sob before wiping my tears and faced them.

"Nagpaalam ka sa 'kin na pupunta ka dito para sa 'business'!" I shouted at him, not caring about our mothers' presence. "Me and your son's very much excited of seeing you again but then your lunatic twin called me and said you're dead!" My voice cracked in my last word as tears fell down.

I'm shaking uncontrollably because of- I don't even know what I'm feeling!

"We will go outside." Mommy Anne, who's caressing her son's arm, said.

"Yes. We should." Mom agreed.

"Woah! My arm will be broken completely if you'll leave me mom." Aiden whispered and he's stupid to think that I didn't hear it.

"You have balls Aiden, at least prove it to your wife." His mom said it with sharp tone before she head to the door with mom.

"I have balls! I have my son!"

I glared at him and that made him stop in his spot.

He sighed and his face became serious. "Baby I don't know what's happening. I don't know why you came all the way up here just to slap my face with your bag. I don't really know what you're talking about." He stood up from bed and stepped near me. "Tell me what's happening baby."

His sweet gentle voice made me cry in silence.

"Ang sabi ni Ethan patay kana. Kaya kahit sobrang saya ko nang nalaman kong buntis ako, umiyak lang ako ng umiyak dahil akala ko wala ka na talaga." And I cried louder.

I felt the familiar warm arms around me and his lips on my forehead. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm sorry I made you cry. And you don't know how happy I am that you're pregnant."

"Ayoko ng ganung biro Aiden! Ayoko! Please! Sabihan mo naman yung mga kakambal mo!"

"Shh. Okay baby okay. Stop crying. It's bad for both you and baby." He cupped my face and planted a deep kiss on my lips.

"Ano ba talaga'ng nangyari?" I asked like a child.

"Listen to me." He exhaled. "Someone intentionally bumped my car from behind, and let my car kiss a tree that brought injuries to me. But I only got a sprained arm and a cut on my forehead. And I'm fine now."

"Eh ang sinabi talaga ni Ethan patay kana!" And tears again fell.

He kissed my nose. "No. I'm taking care of myself for you, my family." He sighed. "It's not Ethan who called you for sure. He's in Italy, having important conference for the last 2 days. And it's only dad and Yu-Rhi whom I called after the accident since it happened in Charlotte days ago."

Yu-Rhi?! Mapapatay ko ang lalakeng nagngangalan niyan.

"I love you baby." Aiden suddenly said with his huge smile.

I also smiled at him and kissed him deeply. "I love you."

I missed this man. And I'm just so relived and happy that here he is, kissing me back with love. But it won't change the fact that I want to kill his twin.

- - - ◾ - - -

Babies... I'm sorry I have to focus more on important thing which is my study. Please understand me.

And by the way... this story is coming to an end. Next in line is The Legal Mistress and will be followed by Zac Ethan's story.

God bless babies. Author loves you.