Chapter 37 ✔

Rian's POV

I should be working right now but here I am, walking around the cemetery to visit my father.

I miss my first love.

I stopped walking right in front of dad's headstone.

Albert Montefalco Rivera

"Hi dad." I greeted and sat in front of the headstone and laid the white rose on side of it.

White rose is daddy's favorite. He use to give mommy a white rose when he was still alive.

"I have so many stories to tell you dad. And burdensome happenings." I added sadly. "Dad, mommy and my husband is mad at me." I sighed.

Husband... it sounds really good to me.

"How are you there daddy? Are you still with us or just watching us from above? I'll be happier if you're here... I wish I can hug you."

"Rian?"

I looked back and my eyebrows creased upon seeing a tall man with tan skin and aviator covering his eyes.

I stood up. "Who are you?"

He looks young... and handsome.

He chuckled. "You don't remember your guy best friend anymore?"

I shook my head.

He shook his too and removed his aviator.

My mouth gaped when I realized I'm standing in front of my best friend.

"Anthony!" I beamed and jumped at him for a hug.

God! I missed this man. He is my childhood best friend. He left the country to study abroad and five years had passed since I last saw him.

"I know you missed me. But please let me breathe."

I released him from the hug. "How'd you know I'm here?"

He nods to his right and smiled. "I went to your house. Tita Ria told me you were here." His expression suddenly changed. "I've seen your son."

I looked down and smiled a bit. "Hmm, pasensya kana hindi ko sinabi sa'yo."

He nodded. "It's okay. I've been busy and you were too. What can I do? He's handsome."

"My son?"

"No. Your husband." He chuckled. "Of course your son. You don't have a husband."

I smiled. Am I suppose to admit it to him that I'm married?

"Oh by the way, I've missed you. Can we at least eat together?" He asked. "Just like before."

I nodded. "Okay."

Maybe it's a good idea to forget my problems for a while.

- - - - - -

"Do you want anything more Ri?" Tony asked me as the waiter patiently wait for our orders.

"No. It's okay. It's too much actually."

He nodded and the waiter walked away.

"So, how do you do?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulder. "I, uhm, working in a well-known restaurant."

"It's not what I want to hear Ri."

"I know Tony."

"Then why not tell me?" He asked seriously. "Who's the father Ri?"

I faked a laugh. "How's Italy?"

I feel guilty of not telling him about any of these. I know he just knew I have a child when he visited our home.

"You're avoiding the question."

I sighed. "Tony, I'm not really into retelling my story right now. Maybe some other time."

"Why not? I've been your buddy. I've known every single drama in your life. Except of course for the dramas that happened when I was already abroad."

That's right. From the moment I lost dad and wealth, he was there. I just cut the connections I have with every persons around me when the news about me being pregnant spread.

"Let's talk about it some other time Tony." I said, more like a plead.

He nodded. "Well, our houses are just few blocks away. And I'm just a call away." He held my hand with a smile but when he looked down at it and felt the ring, he frowned. "You're not into accessories."

I gasped. He's not stupid to know that it's a wedding ring.

Why am I even so uncomfortable about telling anyone that I'm married?

"I..."

"Are you married?" He asked.

I stared at him for a few seconds before shaking my head. "I'm not. Mom gave me this ring."

What's with you Aloha Rian Rivera?!

Tony just nodded and let go of my hand before smiling. "Good-"

"So you're not married." A voice coming from behind shakes my systems. "I'm surprised."

I abruptly turned to look behind me. "Aiden..." I almost whispered.

He sarcastically smiled and put down a bundle of white roses in front of us. "Rain and I are about to serenade you but it seems like you're having a good time. Good bye wife." And he walked away.

Oh god! Look what you've down Rian!

"Who are you?" Tony asked but he didn't look back.

I can't say a word and I can't even move as I stare at his back, walking away from me. And I haven't noticed that my tears are already falling.

"Rian who is he? And why are you crying?"

Tony stood up and went in front of me. But my eyes are focused on the door he just went through.

Ano ba'ng ginawa ko?!

"I'm sorry Tony. I'm leaving. I have to catch up with my husband."

- - - - - -

"Aloha what happened?" Mom asked when she saw me running towards the stairs.

I know Aiden is here. I just saw his car. And I followed him.

I wiped my tears and stared at mom. "I've made a mistake again mommy. I'm sorry."

I again ran upstairs and saw Aiden packing his things through the open door of my room.

I ran to him and hugged his back. "Aiden I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it. Aiden..." and I cried my heart out.

Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit yun ang lumabas sa bibig ko. Maybe I'm just too depressed.

He continues to move 'til he pulled my arms away from him after zipping the bag.

He looked at me and I saw his watery reddish eyes. "I can't understand you!" He heaved a deep breath. "Last night you told me you're sorry. But then I just heard from your mouth that you're not married! It's so insulting Aloha! You're hurting me too much!" He carried his bag and find a way away from me.

I ran after him and held his arm. "Aiden let's talk. Don't you leave again!" I desperately said.

"Fine let's talk." He dropped his things and faced me. "I know you don't want this marriage life. But I was hoping you'll understand and help me work this out. I'm so stupid." He gulped. "I'm leaving Aloha. I think this marriage will never be fixed anymore." He get his things back. "Let's just file an annulment after six months." And he again, walked away from me.

My tears rolled down immediately as my heart begins to shutter.

Are you happy now Aloha?! Ang gaga mo!

- - - ◾ - - -