Chapter 17 ✔

Rian's POV

After talking with mom, we both went in for breakfast.

"Mommy! Sabi dad we go shopping." Rain excitedly said.

I turned at Aiden and frowned. "Kakagaling lang natin kahapon." I whispered.

He shrugged his shoulder with a grin. "So what? I have a lot of money."

I rolled my eyes. "You're doing nothing but annoying me."

"Come on baby. I just want us to shop before we go to New York."

My eyeballs popped out. "New York? America?"

"Hindi, Cubao."

I secretly kicked him below the table that made him groan.

"Ouch baby."

"Daddy why?"

Bago pa niya masagot ng kung ano ang anak niya, hinila ko na siya patayo papunta sa kusina.

"Ano'ng sinasabi mo?" I asked.

He caressed his arm innocently. "I just want my family to meet my own family."

He used his sweet voice that made me almost smile.

"We're not family, Aiden."

"All what's missing is your 'yes' to my wedding proposal for us to be family." He sincerely whispered.

I sighed. "It's not that simple."

Paulit ulit lang kami sa issue na 'to. Yes I gave him chance. But it doesn't mean that I'll marry him that easily.

"I will make you love me."

"Don't make me love you. But teach yourself how to love."

"Baby... baby yes. I'm willing to risk it all for you and Rain. I know I will love you."

"Then prove it, Aiden. It's all I really want." And I left.

I'm doing this for Rain. Not only for myself. I love my son so much to the point that I don't wanna see him hurt because of his father.

- - - - - -

"Was my son naughty when he was younger?"

I looked at him over my shoulder and found him opening a photo album beside a cabinet here in the living area.

You're like Rain when he's looking at something.

"Hindi gaano. Siguro dahil alam niyang dalawang babae lang ang nag-aalaga sa kanya."

"You're hurting me, honestly."

Napaharap ako ng tuluyan sa kanya sa sinabi niya. Did I just say something wrong?

"You actually made me feel guilty." He added.

I just shrugged my shoulder. "Honestly, you have no idea what you've missed."

"I know. I'm even imagining you with a huge bump on your tummy dressed with a maternal clothe."

"You're imagining everything you missed?" I mockingly asked. "Tell me you're not."

"Tell me it's not too late."

"You think of it."

He nodded. "It's not too late."

"You bet."

"Yeah yeah. Can you be with us later?"

"Saan naman?" I asked and picked my phone.

"Rain is the one who really wants to go to mall. I wanna be with my son so there's no way I'm going to say 'no'."