Chapter 45 ✔

Rian's POV

"What kind of joke is that? Hindi nakakatuwa!" I snapped.

["I'm serious Rian. Can you fly here?"]

My eyes are watering but I managed not to sob.

"When?"

["As soon as possible of course."]

God! Is this a dream? Please wake me up.

I dropped the telephone back and my tears fell down.

Aiden's dead. Aiden's dead. How can he be dead?! He can't be dead!

I screamed and fell to the floor on my knees. Mom came rushing to me and hugged me tight.

"Sweetheart what's wrong? What happened?"

I sobbed and hugged her back. "Mom... Mom Aiden's dead. Mom!"

I felt her arms tightened around me while she whispers sweet and courageous words in my ears.

I wanna wake up from this dream!

I wish this is just but a dream but reality slaps me that ZEM just called minutes ago and informed me about the death of my love.

It felt like a part of me went numb and dead as well. It hurts like shit. And I'm thankful that someone hugs and comforts me this way but it doesn't change the damn thing that Aiden's dead.

Mahirap tanggapin. Ayokong tanggapin!

"Mom let's go to New York. Please." I said through my sobs as I catch my breath.

She nods at me while hugging me. "Yes sweetie. Yes."

I again hugged her and cried even more. "Mom buntis na 'ko. The blessing he always longed for is here. But he's gone mommy!"

"Enough sweetheart. God has his ways and plans."

"Akala ko mabubuo na ang pamilya ko mom. Lagi nalang niya 'kong iniiwan."

"Mommy! Why?"

I saw the blurry image of Rain coming to us.

I opened my arms and hugged him very tight.

How can I tell him about his father's death?

"Rian calm yourself. I know it hurts a lot but you have to think of your children. Be strong. He's not the only one you have." Mom said in authority but there's a hint of loneliness in her voice.

"How can I get over it quickly mom?" I sobbed. "I don't even know what happened."

Rain sat and rested his chin on his hand. "Mommy why?"

I smiled in sadness. "We will go to daddy baby. Do you want that?"

He smiled at me and stood up, jumping in happiness while shouting that he's going to see his father.

It made me cry even more and I realized it's not going to be easy for him to accept that his father is gone.

Why do I have to go through this?!

- - - - - -

"Rian at least eat some bread." Mom worriedly said to me.

We're in the airplane to New York. Rain's sleeping on her lap while my mind is set somewhere far and deep.

I nodded at her and accepted the bread she was offering.