Chapter 34 ✔

Rian's POV

"Gra-ma!" Rain hurriedly ran to mommy after stepping out of the car.

Madalian namang inalis ni mommy ang apron niya at binuhat saka hinalik-hinalikan si Rain.

It's 11 in the morning and we just arrived at our house here in the Philippines.

I smiled at mom and opened my arms. "Hello mommy." And I hugged her very tight.

"How is New York sweetheart?" She asked.

"It changed a lot mom."

It was years since I last visited New York. And Technology made things change.

"Hello Aiden." She greeted the man who just hugged me from behind.

"Hello mom."

I turned to look at him. "Ang kapal mo ha."

"What? We're married." He whispered.

And I hope. Mom didn't hear it.

"What?" Mom asked.

"Oh it's nothing ma. Inamin lang niya na makapal talaga ang mukha niya."

"Aray."

Mom chuckled. "Let's go inside. This guy missed my recipes I know." And she again kissed Rain.

I just smiled and nodded.

"She doesn't know yet?" Aiden asked.

"Obvious ba?"

He let go of me and dragged me gently by the hand. "Hmm. Try saying it to her and hush her by assuring that we'll have our church wedding very soon."

"Ha?"

"Sabi ko mahal kita."

- - - - - -

"Mommy! Punta ako to daddy."

Before I could answer, Rain ran our of the room with his Ferrero chocolates.

"Anak it's too much."

I turned my gaze to mom who's checking the Donna Karan dress.

I smiled. "Aiden's mom actually picked those mom. Gusto ka nga niyang makilala."

Her smile never left her face while admiring the clothes I've brought from US. Napahaba ang kwentuhan at ngayon ko lang naibigay kay mom ang mga binili ko para sa kanya.

"Since when did I last caress a designer label clothe?" She asked me.

I sat on her bed and weakly smiled. "It was the night before dad passed away. I miss him mommy."

She smiled at me and touched my face. "You know he's always with us." Her eyes glittered. "Would you like to visit him tomorrow?"

"I would love to mommy."

She nodded. "Wow. This blue dress is stunning."

Her joy touched my heart. She wasn't able to buy the things she love after daddy died... and it's because of me. I still feel guilty about it but arranging the sentences I should say about me, being married brings more guilt.

Dad... how should I say it?

"Mom..."

"Yes sweetheart?" She inhaled the scent of a Gucci dress. "It's my favorite brand."

"Mom... I um..."

"Aloha Rian, what is it?"

There goes the tone I hate the most. That intimidating serious tone.