Chapter 29 ✔

Rian's POV

"Papa! I saw dragon with cute wings sa garden."

Malayo palang kami sa dining area rinig ko na ang mga kwento ni Rain. And for sure, he's talking to dad.

"Aiden tumigil ka nga!" I gritted my teeth at him but he just gave me the what-is-it look.

I rolled my eyes. Paano ba naman, gumagapang na naman yung mga kamay niya.

Mas binilisan ko nalang ang lakad papunta kila Rain.

Dad's laughing at Rain who's sitting on his lap while telling stories.

"Rain aren't you going to school next year?" Mom asked him.

He looked at mom and nodded. "Sabi po mommy I will meet many friends."

She held Rain's hand. "Do you want here?"

"Po?"

"Do you want to study here?" She asked.

Siguro hindi pa nila kami napapansin.

"I like. But miss ko si gra-ma." Rain answered.

"But I want Rain here." Mom pouted. "Wala akong baby dito eh."

"Wala po kayong baby po?"

"Malalaki na mga anak ko eh." She replied.

"Mom..." Aiden called.

They all looked at us but mom immediately looked away.

"Daddy! Papa said we go buy toys mamaya." Rain proudly said and ran to Aiden's arms.

We both kissed his cheeks.

"Really? What toy do you want?" Aiden asked.

"I want big big car!"

"You'll have it then."

"Come here boy. You want this waffle?" Dad asked and raised a waffle.

Bumaba naman si Rain at bumalik kay dad.

"Ang lungkot ng bahay TAM. I miss the noise of children here." Mom said while looking down at the plates she's fixing.

"Mom, Yu-Rhi promised to let her daughter be here once she's 5." Aiden said and went beside mom. "Sa amin muna si Rain."

She looked up at him. "Hindi ko sinabing kukunin ko siya. All I want to happen is that... you'll all stay here."

"Anne..." Dad called but mom's not paying attention.

"You can handle other business you want here. You're not yet handling other business there so don't you use it an excuse like what Yu-Rhi did."

"Mommy? I told you already that I want my own business."

"Name it and you can have it. Maraming pera ang kumpanya. Si ZEM. Ang dad m-"

"Mom, I don't want us to have a quarrel about this."

"Eh kasi-"

"Anne enough. Malalaki na ang mga anak mo." Dad interrupted. "The moment they started to walk, you should've putted in your mind that they'll walk away very soon or not."

Mommy's eyes started to water so I walked to her and held her hand.

"Mom, I know the feeling. It scares me and it hurts me. But it'll gonna happen mom. One day, we mothers will just watch our children with watery eyes as they walk away."

She nodded and that's the reason why her tears fell. "Yes. But... ang sa 'kin, gusto ko na laging nakikita ang mga apo ko."

I smiled. "Then Rain's gonna visit you here frequently."