Chapter 39 ✔

Rian's POV

I walked inside the house and found Aiden and Rain on a couch, smiling at each other.

"Wow daddy! I love chocolates!" I heard Rain said from the living area.

"Then you're really my son." Aiden chuckled. "Chocolates are my favorites."

I watch them from the back door with a smile.

He missed his dad.

"Where is Anthony?" Mom asked from the kitchen since the back door is only few inches away from the kitchen's door.

"Oh. He went home mom."

And I can feel the gaze of Aiden from the living area.

"I've made some cupcakes. I thought he'd be here for long." She raised the tray of cakes.

I nodded to my right. "He just dropped by to say some important things mom."

And he just forgot to give me the damn invitation.

"Okay. Come on. I know you both have to talk."

She placed the tray on the table and walked to the living area.

"How are you Aiden?" She sweetly asked.

"I'm good mom. A bit feeling of having a jetlag."

Mom nods and glanced at me. "Let's have a breakfast." She turned to Rain. "Sweetheart, enough with chocolates. You have to eat first."

"Gra-ma can you please make this chocolates chocolate drink?"

"Sure sweetie." And they both walked into the kitchen.

Rain have always loved chocolates. Mom always heat those chocolates up and turn them into drinks instead.

I looked back at the living area and met Aiden's stare.

I looked away, pretending that I'm doing something on the dining table.

I want to talk to him. But I'm scared and nervous. Scared that he might not listen to me, nervous of listening to his words.

"Talk to him Rian. Stop rearranging what are already arranged." Mom appeared from behind and tap my hands.

I rolled my eyes to myself. Ang tanga ko naman. Masyado bang obvious?

I pouted and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Daddy! Look at the car I want!"

I again looked at the living area and saw Rain pulling his father's hand.

"Okay boy." Aiden said and walked with Rain upstairs.

Too close... yet so far.

"Mom what should I do?" I asked mom.

And I know she was shocked. She just walked in with a jar of juice and a sudden question welcomed her.

She put the jar down. "I already told you, talk to him. Husband and wife should always have a closure."

I didn't say anything after that. And the two boys arrived.

We started the breakfast and I'm the only one who is not saying anything.

It feels strange. He didn't even glance at me. And never started a conversation with me.

This is ridiculous.

- - - - - -

"Rain wants some milk."

I stopped fixing Rain's cabinet to look at him.