Chapter 25 ✔

Rian's POV

It's early eve but my mind is settled into one subject: meeting his family. God! How should I face them? How should I introduce myself? I'll say 'hi. I'm your son's ex-lover and now his wife who is the mother of his 3 year old child', is that it?

I put the glass I've used in the sink and walked to him at the living area with Rain sitting on his lap while they're watching Tom and Jerry. He's sleeping here. He said he wants to bond with Rain.

I sat beside him and the two of them glanced at me then back to the television and laughed.

Seriously? Sa laki ni Aiden, napapatawa siya nila Tom and Jerry?

I leaned back and poked his arm.

He looked at me and smiled. "What is it baby?"

"Uhm..."

"Are you jealous of Rain sitting on my lap?"

I glared at him and secretly pinched his back.

He chuckled and held my hand. "What is it then?"

"I think... I think I'm not yet ready to face your family." I nervously said while playing with his hand.

"Boy?" He called Rain. "Would you sit there?"

Rain looked at him but Aiden didn't wait for Rain's answer. He transferred Rain onto the other side of the couch and Rain just smiled.

"Ano'ng sasabihin ko sa kanila?" I asked.

His grip on my hand tightened. "Tell them their son is very handsome." He seriously said but it made me bit his shoulder.

"Aiden naman eh!"

"Okay okay..." And he pulled me to his body. "Don't worry about them. My mom's beauty speaks inside and out. She'll love you." He stared at me. "And dad's pretty cool in welcoming our women. You know, he wanted us to settle down in order for him to be completely happy."

"How about yung ate Zharn mo? Paano kung ayaw niya sa akin? Your other twin?"

He grinned. "ZEM never cared about my women."

"Your women. How about your wife?"

He stared at me for seconds and smiled. "Then he'll love you."

"Totoo naman kaya yang mga sinasabi mo?"

He nodded. "Yes. And we'll only be visiting my parents and grandparents. Noone else." He frowned. "ZEM's always somewhere for work. And my sister's busy with her business as well, at London."

"Pupunta din ba sila Yu-Rhi?"

He shook his head. "Nope. He's working on a new project. He's too busy to sabotage my moments with you and my family."

"Yung kambal mo bang isa hindi walang hiya?"

He laughed at me and it made me stomped my feet.

"Seryoso nga! Business man din naman yung si Yu-Rhi pero bwisit siya. Ikaw naman babaero at gago. I wonder what kind of attitude does your other twin has."

He was hideously staring at me for seconds before shaking his head. "He's the nerd. That's the best description of him."

I plastered a triumphant smile. "Wow. Yu-Rhi's the rebel, you're the player, and he's the nerd." I looked at him. "Your dad worked pretty good to have you guys. I bet he's cursed and lucky."

"You sound so rude baby, it hurts."

I just laughed at him and hugged his arm. "You never failed to make me feel better Aiden."

"Because I don't want you lonely."

- - - - - -

"Mom, are you sure you're not going?" I again asked mom and stood up.

Nag-aayos na 'ko ng gamit dahil tuloy na talaga ang alis namin. But I'm worried about mom. We'll be gone for two weeks and she'll be all alone.

She smiled and pulled me to sit down on the bed. "I'm happy that you're happy with your family."

"You didn't say the answer mom. Wala kang kasama dito. I've talked to Aiden and he said you're very much welcome to join us."

She nodded. "I know sweetie." She paused. "When he called yesterday that you're with him, he already proposed to me that he wants you both to meet his family. He invited me of course, he's a fine man. But I'm okay."

"Mom, hindi ako sanay na mag-isa ka lang dito."

"Mas lalong hindi ako sanay na wala kayo."

"Then come."

She shook her head. "You need time together. I'll be alright sweetheart. Believe me."

"You're the best woman I've known mom."

"And you're the best daughter among all." She smiled genuinely.

"I got pregnant at early age mom. How can you say those words?"

She held my hand and squeezed it. "Carrying a child, and striving to make him live without the father is something hard and challenging sweetie. But it's the best thing you've did."

"I didn't make you proud." I whispered as tears starting to build up.

"You made me. You always make me proud." She exhaled. "You made me proud when you have birth to that young boy and became a good mother and a person. I don't want your college diplomacy to become proud. All I need was your heart in everything you do for me to be proud."

My tears fell. What did I do to have such a mother this great?

"I love you mommy."

"I'll always love you sweetie."

- - - - - -

"I heard you and your mom talking."

I turned to look at Aiden who just appeared at the door way. "Kanina ka pa diyan?"

Kanina pa kasi natapos ang usapan namin ni mommy. Gabi na rin at inaayos ko na ang hihigaan namin dahil sa kabilang kwarto naman si Rain kasama si mommy.

"No. But I was here when you were talking. I just went to my son then got back here seconds ago." He walked in and sat on the bed infront of me.

"Nosy."

He just smiled and pulled me down on his lap. "Her words always touch my heart."

I nodded. "That's the best thing about her. She doesn't know how to be angry I guess."

"Maybe she will. Once I hurt you."

"Subukan mo nga. Para makita ko naman siyang magalit."

He shook his head slowly. "I won't. I will love you. I won't hurt you." He chuckled. "I thought daring to love was the hardest dare. But I guess I'm loving it. And I'm loving you."

- - - ◾ - - -