Chapter 7

I look down at my food. It was chicken and dumplings. I poked my food with a fork. I look up and the long table was full of men. 8 men and only one me. 9 in this house. I know all of their names, except the one across from me. He had black hair that's symmetrical. He also look Asian just like Zao. He eats his chicken and dumplings with sticks. I look back down at my food. I look to the side of my plate. Forks and a butter knife. I took the end of the fork and the butter knife and I tried eating my dumplings just like the one across from me. I failed at every attempt. I feel a nudge on my left side. "Quit playing with your food brat" said Zao. I ignored him and kept trying. My fingers starts to hurt. Someone placed a hand on mine. I looked behind me. It was Oliver. "Poppet, stop your going to hurt yourself" said Oliver. Should I listen?

~~~Flash back~~~
I looked down at my food and smile. It was chicken and dumplings, my favorite. I dig in with a huge smile. Mama smiled at me while papa glared. "I love it mama!" I said cheerfully. "I'm glad you like it" said mama. "It tastes horrible" said papa. "No, it's the-" "DON'T TALK BACK TO YOUR FATHER!" Yelled papa. He took my plate and tossed it in the garbage. "No food for a week!"
~~~Flash back~~~

"Scar, you haven't eaten your food" said Francois. I looked around. Only me and Francois. Francois sat next to me in my right. I looked down. "First, let's wash your hands, they are all bloody" said Francois. I looked down at my hands. They are bloody. Why are my hands bloody? When I saw the blood everything turned into a dark ally. I looked everywhere. Papa was chasing me. Everything was back to normal now. "You've been spacing out a lot, you ok?" Asked Francois as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head yes. Francois took me to the wash room and I washed my hands. Francois wrapped my hand in a bandage. "Francois, can I tell you something?" I asked. "Shoot" said Francois. "I keep seeing things" "like what?" "I keep seeing mama and papa but their faces are foggy." "hm" "and every time I get those sights it's always that papa is going to slap me, slap mama or punch me." Francois froze. "And after the sights stop time seem to skip." I finished. "Just your imagination" said Francois. Once he was done he picked me up and put me in the kitchen chair. I finished my chicken and dumplings. It tasted like Mama's. "I'm going to tell Oliver something, you stay here" said Francois as he got up, put my plate in the sink and left. I looked at the table. I swing my legs back and forth. I tapped my fingers on the table. What is Francois going to tell Oliver? "Sunflower? What are you doing here?" I turned and I see Viktor. "Hi" I said. Viktor sat next to me and asked "Why are you sitting here alone?" "Francois told me to sit here while he talks to Oliver" I replied.