Chapter 28

I wait by the door, hoping someone would pick me up. Alex tried to get me to play with her but I refuse. Abby and Helen knows my space so they let me be. Mrs. Pahel wanted to patch up my knee but I didn't want to patched up by her. I want it patched up by Oliver. Tommy and the boys walk over me. I held onto the doorknob with dear life. I'm not going to get beat up or get pushed or get my dress ruin! As soon as Tommy was a few inches away from me I opened the knob and bolted it. As soon I was away from the door I saw Lutz. "LUTZ!" I shouted. I turn and I see the boys chasing me. Lutz walked to me as I ran in fear. I was close. I reached out to him and hid behind his leg. The boys stopped and looked up at Lutz. Lutz glared down at the boys. "Tommy did it." Said a boy and all of them bolted it except for Tommy. Tommy stood there in fear. Tommy quivered as Lutz picked him up by the collar making him and Tommy go eye level. "If you ever scare her again you'll never see day light again." Growled Lutz as he dropped Tommy. Tommy fell and ran. Mrs Pahel ran out and approached Lutz out of breath. "Hi...are you here...to pick up...Scarlett?" Panted Mrs. Pahel. "Yes, and tell zat boy not to go near Sunflower." Said Lutz as he picked me up. Before Mrs. Pahel could say anything Lutz and I left. I held onto him as if he was the last person on earth. "Jou can let go now." Said Lutz. I let go and Lutz put me in the car. We started driving. "Vhat vas up vith zat brat?" Asked Lutz as he adjusted the mirror so he could see me. "We were...playing tag..." I said. I didn't want to get beat up by Tommy and the boys so I lied. Lutz narrowed his eyes at me. "Jour lying." Said Lutz. "N-No..." "Ja jou are." Lutz was making me a little mad now. "No I'm not." I said harshly. "Don't talk back to me!" Shouted Lutz. I jumped and stayed silent. I leaned my head agents Lutz's window, ignoring him. We finally pulled to a stop. "Jou can stay vere." Said Lutz and left me in the car to go inside. I look at the front seat. He really did leave. I unbuckle myself but I stayed in the car. Does Lutz hate me? I should've told him the truth. Will I end up being in an orphanage just like papa tried? I pulled my knees to my chest and cried. That's all I ever do is cry. I'm alone. I hear the door open and I turned. It was Viktor. "What is wrong Sunflower?" Asked Viktor as he had his arms opened wide. I hugged Viktor. "Lutz left me out here..." I cried as I buried my face to his shoulder. Viktor patted my back. He's like a papa to me.