Chapter 9

I wake up with something holding me like a teddy bear. I looked up and I see Viktor. I looked around. I hear whispers. I tried to struggle out of Viktors grasp but it was held tight. I shivered. His room is cold. I looked down at his arm. He's still wearing his trench coat. I looked up at him again. He's still wearing his scarf. I wiggled to be face to face with the sleeping Russian. I buried my face to his scarf and I fell back to sleep.

~~~Flash Back~~~
Papa hit me again. But it was different this time. I don't remember how but I was dragged. I hear Mama screaming. Papa ran to her leaving me.
~~~Flash Back~~~

"Sunflower, wake up. Your just having a nightmare" said Viktor. I wake up. I looked at his scarf. It was stained with tears. "Sunflower, your crying" said Viktor as he wiped my tears away. "What happened..." I mumbled. "Sunflower...you were saying 'papa come back' or 'mama run papa is going to hurt you'" said Viktor. I was talking in my sleep? "Oh..." was the only thing I could say. Viktor pets me as if I was a small puppy. I shut my eyes and cuddles to Viktor. I could hear his quiet chuckle. Come January come January harken the year you deign to show. Come with your winter winds a blowing come January til you go. What was this voice in my head?Come January come January, bring what you will amidst the snow. Here by the fire I keep your cold away. Come January til you go. I quivered. I clutched onto Viktors trench coat. He stopped petting me. "Did I hurt you sunflower?" I opened my eyes and looked up to him. His eyes filled with worry. I shook my head no. He gave a sigh of relief. "Let's get ready" Viktor said as he got up. I let go and hopped off. Me and Viktor walked to the living room. Oliver, Al, Matt and Francois were all talking. Once they noticed me they stopped. "Poppet, were taking you somewhere today" said Oliver as if he's excited, Al and Matt gave a fake smile and Francois was smoking. "Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise!!" Said Oliver. I have a feeling that they are lying. I hid behind Viktors leg. "Sunflower doesn't seem happy about it..." said Viktor. He looks at Oliver and Francois. "Poppet, play with Uncle Al and Uncle Matt, I need to talk to Viktor" said Oliver. I nodded and sat on the couch between Al and Matt. Viktor, Francois and Oliver went to the hallway till they were out of sight. "Doll, let's go draw" said Al as he picked me up. He placed me on the table and room out paper and crayons. I have a feeling Oliver and Francois are hiding something from me and I need to find a way to get past Al and Matt. "I need to go potty" I said. "Ok, go" said Matt. I hopped off. I went down the hallway where Francois, Oliver and Viktor left. I hear murmuring to a door that has Viktor, Francois and Olivers voices. "We are taking her to the doctors, there's something wrong with her" said Oliver. I put my ear to the door. "She said that she sees images of her mama and papa" said Francois. "Did anything happened when she was with you?" Asked Oliver. "I woke up with her crying and saying 'mama run, papa is going to hurt you' or something like that" said Viktor. "Al told me that when he first met her, she couldn't remember a thing" said Francois. "She might have Amnesia" said Oliver.