Chapter 26

Me, Abby and Helen ate our cupcakes just like yesterday. Just as I was finished, Tommy and a few other boys came. "Where's our cupcakes?" Asked Tommy harshly. I tilt my head. "You don't get one you meanie!" Said Abby as she sprang up. "Shut up!" Said a boy as he pushed Abby down. Me and Helen got wide eyed at the word. Abby cried, which made Helen mad. "Leave her alone you bullies!" Shouted Helen. "Anleast I have eyes weirdo!" Said another one. Mrs. Pahel came along and heard the ruckus. "Is everyone playing nice?" Asked Mrs. Pahel. Abby and Helen shook their heads yes. Why are they lying? "No, Tommy and those boys said shut up and pushed Abby down." I said as I pointed to Tommy and the boys. Mrs. Pahel got angry. "You boys to the corner!" Said Mrs. Pahel as she pointed to the corner. The boys glared at me and went to the corner. Mrs. Pahel walked off. Me and Helen helped Abby to her feet. Abby held onto my dress. She was crying still. "Abby, what's wrong?" I asked. "Tommy, Zack, Isaac, Ash and Josh are going to beat you up." Whined Abby. "They won't, I'll just tell Mrs-" "No! Someone tried that but it made it worse." Interrupted Abby. "Oh..." I looked at Helen but he gave a shrugged. I hugged Abby and tried to smile but failed. "As long as they don't hurt you, I'll be ok." I said as I buried my face to her shoulder. Abby hugged back and cried louder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   For some odd reason, this connection between me and Abby is strong. Is it because she's my first friend? Was it because she cares about me? No. I could see deep down that we are the same. Two halfs of a person. Somewhere, deep down inside of me my heart beats faster. She's my best friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Scarlett!! Come on! It's time for recess!" Said Abby as she shook me. I jumped a little and looked up to her. Her smile was back to normal. She took my hand. "Come on!" Shouted Abby as she dragged me outside. Helen followed. My jaw dropped. There was swings, jungle gyms, sandboxes and many more. Abby took me to the sandboxes. "Look! We can make things!" Said Abby as she tried to make a volcano. I didn't want to get my dress dirty so I just watched Abby. I look over at the slides. There wasn't much kids there. I walked to the slides without Abby noticing. I got to the top and slid down. I went on it again and again. It was so much fun until Tommy and the boys were waiting down there for me. I quivered a little once I reached the bottom. "Get off of our slide!" Said one boy. "But, I was here first but I can share..." I mumbled. Another boy pulled me off and made me land on the ground making my dress dirty. Tommy and all the boys poured dirt on me. I covered my face so that it won't get in my eyes. The boys walked off and laughed. Where's Viktor?