Lover Embraced - Chapter 18

Xcor should have known this would happen. He should have locked his shellan up. But she deserved to have her revenge. He had been training her for years, so he knew she could handle herself. And she looked amazingly hot in leathers. Payne must have helped her to them. He groaned inwardly as she moved towards the desk, shoving Qhuinn out of the way.

- I want to know whose ashes we buried.

Layla looked at Havers with murder in her eyes. A side he had never seen of her. Obviously the doctor hadn’t either because he cringed.

- It… I… a civilian’s young. They hadn’t made it through the birthing.

- We performed a fade ceremony on another female’s young. You. Are. Despicable.

He saw Layla palm one of his Glocks, almost too big for her delicate hands and point it at Havers.

- You shall burn in Dhund.

The shot froze all of them in place and he had to rush over to Layla as she dropped the gun on the desk. Xcor knew his female well, she was too kind, to caring to just take a life like that. She hugged him tight and cried.

- T’is over.

- Yes it is, nalla.

- I have my Jhade back.

- That you do.

- Thank you Hellren mine.

- For what, leelan?

- Loving me.

- Always.

He hugged her tight, thanking the heavens that he chose her instead of the throne all those years ago.

- Xcor, get her the fuck out of here. We have to take care of the body.

He could tell Qhuinn was pissed off, but he could go fuck himself for all Xcor cared. His shellan had gotten her revenge and that was all he cared about right now.

*-*-*-*

Qhuinn looked at Havers body, slumped over his chair, with a bullet in his head. Layla’s shot had been perfect, though he had wanted to finish the bastard with his bare hands. Squeeze the life right out of him as he watched his eyes…

- Are you ok?

Blay was concerned and he appreciated it.

- Nope. I need to see his ashes burn. I need to know that he won’t be hurting other people.

- I know. Which is why I asjed Wrath if we could take him to the compound. He says we can leave the body on the scorched part of the lawn and let the sun do its work. We can see the whole thing from the Pit. V is preparing the cameras as we speak.

- But what if…

As he looked at the body, his greatest fear was that the bastard somehow wasn’t dead. God knew they had had to deal with Lash’s resurrection in the past. If this fucker got up again…

- Lassiter can stay in the sun. He has agreed to stay outside with the body, just in case.

- He has?

- Yes.

- In exchange for what?

- We have to watch 5 complete episodes of that new show he’s into.

Qhuinn groaned.

- Fine.

- I’ll call them, tell them we are on our way.

John whistled just as he looked back at the body again. Something wasn’t right. It all had been just a little…

He looked at his friend who was signing what he has thinking.

- Don’t you think that was a little too easy?