Lover Embraced - Chapter 29

He froze on the spot, his cock hardening and his balls tightening as he looked into her eyes. He had only come into the mansion for a change of clothes, and here she was.

- John hi! We have missed you around here!

He lifted his hand in greeting. He couldn’t be rude to Layla. He frowned as he sniffed the air. He could easily smell Jhade;s arousal – and didn’t that just make him want to go all caveman on her – It was the other smell that had him widening his eyes. He recognized the smell of pregnant female.

Had he… was she.. Oh god, he was going to be a father? How was that even… pretrans were not fertile. He would have known, wouldn’t he? Oh dearest virgin, he was going to faint.

- John, is it really that obvious?

He frowned at Layla, not sure how to express himself. Hell fucking yes it was obvious.

Except then he noticed something else. Layla was touching her belly almost reverently and Jhade was offering support.

Layla was the pregnant one, not Jhade!

He waited for feeling of relief to hit, but all he felt was extreme sadness. He had always wanted to have a young of his own. Xhex had never been willing to even consider it, but Jhade… She would be amazing as a mahmen. Her belly rounding with his young…

What. The. Fuck. Was he thinking. He needed to get the fuck out.

He nodded and signed.

- Don’t worry, I wont tell. And congratulations.

- Thank you.

A door slammed, startling all of them and John looked into one of his best friends eyes. Blay knew.

He didn’t know how, but Blay knew.

He signed a quick goodby and pivoted on his heels, walking out the door. He’d buy new clothes if he had too.

He was a coward for running from his friend, but right now, he didn’t care.

Because if Blay knew, Qhuinn knew. And that was something he just couldn’t deal with right now.

*-*-*-*

 - Oh no you don’t.

Blay ran after John only to find an empty parking lot. His car was still there which meant he’d dematerialized.

- Fuck. Bastard. Son of a…

- Blay?

He took a deep breath and turned around.

- Are you allright?

- I’m fine Jhade. Just wanted to talk to John.

More like beat the shit out of him, but she’d probably not appreciate that answer.

- You look upset. Angry even.

- I’m fine, I just…

- You know, don’t you?

He opened his mouth. Closed it

Thought seriously about lying and asking something like ‘know what?’. But in the end, he just nodded.

- Did he tell you?

He shook his head.

- Does my father know?

He shook his head again.

- Good. I’d like to keep it that way.

- Jhade, you…

- He does not need to know, ok? It was consensual.

Blay rubbed his face.

- I don’t care. He shouldn’t have.

- My choice Blay. No one else’s.

- You’re his best friends’ kid.

- You say that as if I’m like 10 or something. I am old enough to make my own decisions. You can’t be mad at him.

- Not your decision.

She smiled sadly.

- Just don’t tell Qhuinn, ok? I don’t want their friendship ruined for something that is really not hiz biz anyway.

Blay pursed his lips but nodded.

- Oh, and if you do speak to John, you can tell him he can come back to the house, I’ll…

She cleared her throat.

- I promise I’ll leave him alone.