Lover Embraced - Chapter 61

Jhade watched Darius talk to John briefly and leave.

- So Nalla, how are things with D…

- Shhhh!

Nalla looked around nervously.

- To be honest, I don’t know. One minute it seems like he is crazy about me and can’t stay away, and the next it’s like he can’t stand the sight of me. I’m not sure what to think anymore. I have tried talking to him, but he never lets me, it’s like he has a multiple personality or something.

- Oh hun, Just give him some time.

- You mean the last 5 years haven’t been enough? Jhade, I don’t know how much longer I can wait.

The king whistled loudly gathering everyone’s attention. John went to stand by her side, sliding an arm around her waist to keep her close. She couldn’t wait to be alone with him later.

- First of all, I want to congratulate John and Jhade for getting mated tonight. After a lot of difficulties *cough* Qhuinn being an ass *cough*, they finally found their way. Our blessings to both of you and may you soon bless this house with even more young to keep us busy.

Everyone laughed and toasted as Wrath hugged the queen, and with his free hand raised his glass at them. John kissed her temple tenderly.

- And now, while we are all here celebrating, I have a very important announcement to make. Darius, come up here son.

*-*-*-*

Nalla’s heart sped up as she saw Darius stand next to his father. He was gorgeous… he looked at her with a frown and then quickly looked back down.

She wished she could kiss that frown away, make him laugh like he used to. Now it seemed he was always serious and brooding. Unless it was just the two of them…

She didn’t like seeing him unhappy. Nalla knew he didn’t like the fact that he was going to be king someday and she knew he hated the responsibilities that came with being an heir, but she also knew, he’d man up and deal, no matter the cost.

He was almost as tall as the king, looking like a younger version of him. He even had the same tattoos that showed his lineage, on his arm. But Darius liked to keep his hair short, and with his perfect lime green eyes, he didn’t need the glasses his father wore.

Wrath put an arm around his shoulders and continued talking.

- My brothers, 5 years from now, Darius will get mated to Penehlope, daughter of Feron. This mating with ensure a healthy and very much needed bond between the throne and the Glymera, and is a great step forward to reunite our race and protect our common interests and be able to fight better against our much hated enemy.

Nalla could feel all the blood drain from her body as the king went on.

- As such, I am very pleased to invite you all to my heir, Prince Darius’s mating ceremony.

Her body went limp as blackness surrounded her and her heart broke into a million tiny pieces.