Lover Embraced - Chapter 56

Time froze as John offered Jhade the ring he had bought her. Even though they were both vampire, they had both lived in the human world and he has always wanted to do something like this to someone, someday.

Something he had never been able to do with… in his past.

He carefully put the little jeweler’s box on his bent knee and started signing.

- I love you. I love you more than I have ever lover anyone and I hope you can forgive me for being such an asshole these past few years.

He saw her pursing her lips trying to hold her grin.

She liked him groveling did she?

He could do that. For her, he could totally do that.

- I have been a fool and I let you go when I shouldn’t have, and I am so, so sorry for that. I love you and I want to be with you and if you still love me back, I will fight anything and anyone to be with you. I want you to be my Shellan. Would you please do me the honor of

She shocked the hell out of him when she got on her knees in front of him.

What was she doing? She should never be on her knees!

- John Matthew, what you did today was amazing. I still love you and I would love to have you as my Hellren, but only if you truly, really want me as your Shellan.

*-*-*-*

He nodded frantically and she smiled.

She kissed him.

He kissed her back.

They were in the middle of the vestibule, on their knees, while everyone, including her parents, was watching them kiss. Something clattered on the floor and he picked her up in a swift movement. Putting her back on her feet, he quickly bent to get the ring. With care, he took it out of its box and asked for her hand so he could slip it into her finger. His scent had been intensifying with every movement he made.

- You’re mine now. – he signed grinning.

She grinned back.

- Just as you are mine.

- Hell yeah.

Applause exploded around them as the brothers and shellans celebrated their engagement.

She looked at her father who was looking at them really serious, but she couldn’t go to him as she was engulfed in her mahmen’s embrace.

Was Qhuinn upset? After all John had done?

Was he going to throw another fit and leave the house?

Jhade didn’t think she could bear that.

- I am so, so happy for you daughter mine.

- Thanks Mahmen.

- He is such a male of worth. When I saw him appear like that after saving you, asking for my permission…

- I know.

- Jhade!

Her friends shrieked and hugged her.

- Sorry Layla, didn’t mean to interrupt, we just have to hug her.

- Oh my Virgin, you are going to get mated! To John!

She looked at him and saw he was grinning, so she grinned back at her friends, nodding enthusiastically.

She was going to be mated to John Matthew. She was going to be his Shellan. His second Shellan.

She only hoped that the memory of the first one, would remain just that. A memory.