Lover Embraced - Chapter 22

Qhuinn watched Jhade as she moved around. It looked as if she felt right at home. By now she had met everyone, talked a bit to everyone and had everyone wrapped around her finger. She was with Nalla and Mariah and he was glad she had made friends so soon.

He had apologized for not being around and she had just hugged him, saying it was ok. That she understood.

She was absolutely amazing.

He had no idea how she had managed to turn out like this, having been through everything she had, but she was truly amazing. A drink was pushed into his hand and he smiled up at his hellren.

- She’s doing great.

- Yeah. I still can’t believe it.

- I know. You were so lucky to have found her.

- Just in time as well, before her transition. Where is John, I need to talk to him.

- I don’t know. Probably getting another drink.

Qhuinn frowned.

- What is wrong with him?

- No idea.

- I need to ask him to take care of her during her transition. I don’t want any of those Glymera assholes near her.

Blay stiffened.

- I don’t think that is a good idea.

- Why the hell not? I’d trust him with my life. She is my life. Besides, me and Layla will be there. Not that it will make a difference. John’s like her uncle, or older brother. He would never take advantage of her. Besides, he’s still not over Xhex.

Qhuinn watched Blay’s expression closely. What the hell had happened between them? John and Blay had been acting weird all week.

- Hellren, is there something I should know?

- I just don’t think it’s a good idea, that’s all.

- He’s Darious’ son. His blood almost as pure as Wraths. I’d ask the king but don’t really think Beth would appreciate it, you feel me.

- Yeah. I feel you.

His voice had dropped and Blay was looking at him  with a look he knew all too well. His hellren was thirsty.

- Lets say goodnight to Jhade. I need to be inside you.

*-*-*-*-* 

Jhade giggled and shook her head at something Mariah had said. The girl was shy but when she spoke up… man, the things that came out of that mouth!

She looked around again hoping to get another glance at John. He looked so sexy tonight, but overly serious, his face a constant scowl. Was he upset with her? Why? Or maybe something else was bothering him…

- Hey, you with us?

- Sorry, yeah. I uh, need some more chow.

God she was even talking like some of the brothers after only one night in their presence. She moved away from her friends, towards the tables with all the food. Rhage grinned at her, his 5th plate of the evening stacked pile high.

And then she was alone at the tables.

She grabbed a plate and a napking, looking at the buffet in front of her, deciding what to have.

Suddenly heat eveloped her and her skin prickled in knowledge. Her body readying itself for his touch.

John was near.

She could distinguish his scent clearly from all the others.

She dropped the napkin, all of a sudden clumsier than ever and bent down to get it.

He got there first.

She gasped as their hands touched and looked up.

Huge. Mistake.

Those big blue eyes were heaven to look into, and hell to look away from.

- Uhm... thanks.

He was such a gentleman and she loved that about him.

Always looking out for everyone.

She guessed that before he was so… dark… he was sweet. There was just something about him. He was a fierce warrior, manly and strong, she had seen that herself, but she could feel his need to… love. 

She could just imagine being his shellan, always being pampered.

Always being protected.

Always being cared for.

Embraced by those big strong arms.

He nodded, turned around and walked away. She would never get to know the feeling of those strong ams.