Lover Embraced - Chapter 59

Finally, the night had come.

Tonight she would officially become John’s Shellan.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Her dress was broken white, like a human bride’s would be. Even though they weren’t exactly human, and she definitely wasn’t a newling.

She felt nervous, despite the fact that it had only been a few days since John had helped her through her needing.

She had bled, proof that she wasn’t pregnant, but that was ok. She had meant what she had told John about wanting to enjoy him herself for a few years.

A knock on the door startled her.

- Come in.

Qhuinn walked in, looking at her proudly.

- You look fucking amazing. You’re gonna knock my boy John right off his ass.

She barked a laugh at his bluntness.

- I’d love to see that.

He smiled.

- I ah… I’m here to take you downstairs.

- I know.

Qhuinn sighed.

- I uhm, I’m not very good with this shit, but, I just wanted to apologize again. I just didn’t want you hurt and…

- It’s ok dad. Really.

- It’s just that, I love you so damned much and…

She gasped.

He had never said those words. She knew it was true, He had implied it, Blay and Layla had said it on his behalf, but he had never actually uttered the words himself.

- Ah don’t look at me like that baby, you’re gonna break your old man’s heart.

She walked up to him and got enfolded in his embrace.

- I love you too daddy.

His hug tightened and then he let her go. Clearing his throat, he took out a little box out of his pocked.

- I have something for you. I had it made when you were born and I’ve had to adjust it.

She opened the box to find a beautiful bracelet inside. It was silver, with little charms made of Jade.

- It’s beautiful dad, I love it.

- Good. That’s good. Now come on, we can’t leave your man waiting.

*-*-*-*

John paced up and down the patio.

They were doing the ceremony outside, under the moonlight, but he was starting to get impatient.

What if she had changed her mind?

What if she had cold feet?

What if she cancelled?

A few minutes later, his heart stopped beating at the sight of her.

She was gorgeous, so beautiful, so feminine. And she loved him.

Him!

Her dress was stunning and looked amazing on her, though he could not wait to get her out of it. Her smile as she looked at him, was everything he’d ever wanted.

Qhuinn was grinning as he walked Jhade towards him and John was so happy they had had a chance to talk things out and everything was ok between them.

John kissed her cheek and hugged Qhuinn before taking her hand and facing the King and the Scribe Virgin.

- My warriors, so we meet again. And under such happy circumstances. Come here my children.

John and Jhade both approached without letting go of each other.

- Give me your hands.

They both offered their free hands, palms up. The Scribe Virgin touched them.

- Oh my, such a perfect mating. Yes, the two of you will be very happy, I can feel it. And knowing what I know, I can say, you both deserve it.

She looked at the King.

- Wrath, son of Wrath, you may proceed with the ceremony.

John smiled, this was the part he had been looking forward too.

Her name.

His back.

Forever.