Lover Embraced - Chapter 55

Like last time, they took the body of the physician to the scorched lawn beside the mansion. Lassiter was already there with a female.

- Unbelievable the things I do for the Brotherhood.

- Yeah yeah, what do you want for your help? How many shitty shows do we have to watch with your sorry ass?

- None.

- Yeah right.

Qhuinn snorted.

- I’m serious.

Lassiter went over to his woman and put an arm around his shoulder.

- I have someone to watch things with now.

The fallen angel sounded reverend as he looked and smiled at his woman.

Amazing.

- Go inside Qhuinn. It’s almost dawn.

Qhuinn didn’t want too. Not yet. But he could feel the sun starting to rise and heard the shutters close for the day.

- Come on man, I’ll stay here. You can watch everything. V rearranged the cams.

Qhuinn nodded.

- Thanks man, I owe you.

Lassiter smiled broadly, obviously pleased with himself.

- And I’ll be sure to collect. Someday.

Qhuinn was not surprised to see the whole brotherhood cramped up in the Pit. V had made it so everything would be visible on the huge plasma that was hung on the wall, so everyone could watch it clearly.

He checked his watch. 3 minutes until sunrise.

Qhuinn watched the screen intently. Was that..?

Havers was moving!

- Lassiter!

- I’ve got it. Chillax my man.

The angel started glowing as if he was his own fucking sun. But it seemed to work. Havers was transfixed by the sight long enough to allow the real sun to come up. And then finally, after all this time, Havers burst into flames.

*-*-*

Jhade was in the mansions vestibule waiting and mumbling to herself.

- Where the hell are they – it’s daytime!

- They are all in the Pit.

- Oh hey Marissa. Uhm… are you allright?

- Yes, yes I am. It’s just… he was my brother. And I know that he more than deserved it, but I guess…

She delicately dabbed under her eyes.

- Oh well. They’ll be home soon.

As she said that, the door that led to the tunnel opened and Butch was the first one to come out. As soon as he spotted his Shellan he ran to her, hugging her tight and taking her away.

Slowly, all the brothers got out of the tunnel and hooked up with their Shellans.

Where was John?

Where were Qhuinn and Blay?

What was happening?

Suddenly the 3 of them appeared side by side, all with satisfied grins on their faces.

John’s eyes met hers and suddenly she couldn’t breathe.

I love her.

She would remember hearing him say that forever. Though she couldn’t help but think, was it true or had he lied and only said it to save her life?

He looked over at Qhuinn who nodded at him and John walked towards her with that very male, very sexy way of moving he had. Oh my, Blue Eyes…

He stopped right in front of her and she could smell that delicious dark spiced scent. She was vaguely aware that everyone was staring at them and she thought her heart would beat right out of her chest any minute now.

He was going to kiss her. In front of all these people, he was going to kiss her.

But he didn’t.

He got down on one knee, took something out of his pocket and offered it to her.