Lover Embraced - Chapter 35

Qhuinn and Blay got out of the shower together after a mindblowing session of lovemaking.

- Are we going for first meal?

- Yeah, after we check on Jhade. I need to make sure she’s ok and doesn’t need more blood from John.

Blay frowned but didn’t say anything. They quickly got dressed and walked on Jhade’s door. Qhuinn knocked softly and then a bit louder. He shared a worried look with Blay and opened the door, expecting the worst.

- Jhade? Jhade baby, you here?

Qhuinn’s heart started beating faster.

- She’s not here. Not in the bathroom either. Where the fuck can she…?

He saw Blay’s quick glance towards John’s room.

Oh no.

Hell no.

Oh hell motherfucking no.

He had to know.

At John’s door, he didn’t bother to knock; he just kicked the damn door down. What he saw went beyond his understanding.

John was up in a split second, buck ass naked, pointing a gun at him, whilst protecting her. His little girl. Jhade covered herself with the sheet, blinking up at him in drowsy confusion.

It took him a few seconds to understand what was going on and despite the fact that John was pointing a gun at him, he attacked.

*-*-*-*

Jhade blinked the remains of her sleepiness away when she saw John throw the gun on the bed and do absolutely nothing to defend himself as Qhuinn went for his throat.

- No!

She got up, trying to hold the sheet in place to cover herself best as she could.

- Blay, do something!

Blay just shook his head and let Qhuinn continue his attempt to kill John.

- John, defend yourself! Qhuinn let him go!

No one listened to her, so she ran out to the hall.

- Help! Someone please help!

Rhage, Z and Tohr were the first to get out of their rooms. One look at her and they stormed into John’s room.

- Qhuinn, come on. Let go. – Tohr.

- Guys, let’s talk about this. – Rhage.

- What the fuck is going on? – Zsadist.

She walked back into the room and saw that the three brothers had no luck getting Qhuinn to let go.

She couldn’t get through to Blay, couldn’t get through to John. Wasn’t getting through to Qhuinn either. Something inside her clicked into place. She was looking at this the wrong way. She couldn’t get through to Qhuinn, but maybe she could get through to her father.

- Dad.

Everyone in the room froze. It was the first time she had addressed him in that way.

- Dad, look at me.

- Qhuinn shifted his now black eyes from John to her, but did not let go of his throat. His expression changed from murderous to pained.

- Dad, I need you to let him go, ok?

Qhuinn shook his head.

John was turning blue, she needed to act fast.

- Daddy, I need you to let him go, because if you don’t, you will hurt me. You don’t want to hurt me do you?

Qhuinn shook his head again, more urgently this time, but he wasn’t letting go.

- Dad, let him go now. I love him.