31-New Evidence

*Aubri's POV*
Click
I look up to see that the door has been opened and a police officer walk on. I stood up and walked towards him.

"Aubri.." He started. "We have some new news about your grandmothers accident."
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Well it seems that someone else may have been involved." He started "We have proof that this wasn't just an accident. Your grandmother has multiple bruises and gashes that wouldn't have resulted from the fall, proving that there were injuries sustained prior to the actual accident. What I'm saying is that someone did this."

The room started shaking and the lights got brighter. I heard a loud ringing and I saw the officer talking but I couldn't hear him over the ringing. I feel to the floor and covered my eyes as tears spilled out of them. Who did this?!

"Aubri, Aubri!" I felt a familiar hand in my back.
"Justin" I cried.
"Aubri listen, I know this is hard but we will get to the bottom of this, you just have to talk to the police, it will be okay and I'll be with you right here." He said calming me down.
I took a few deep breaths and nodded my head yes, signaling that I could talk again.

"Okay mam, do you know anyone that would want to physically harm you grandmother?" He asked.
"No I-I don't think so." I said as I scanned my brain for answers.
"Do you know of any reason someone might have to hurt her?" He asked.
"No, she's-she's the sweetest nicest lady I know." I answered confused.

Then it hit me. She was the nicest person. She would do anything to protect me, to keep me safe, even cause her own death. It was Kyle.

The room started shaking again and the loud ringing came back. Tears fell from my eyes but this time it wasn't because I was sad, I was crying because I'm angry.

"I think she's had enough for now, is there anyway this can wait?" I heard Justin ask the man.
"Of course." He replied,"just give me a call when she's ready"

I heard the door click open and then closed. I stood up and stormed out of the room, into the hallway and out the front door. I ran to Justin's car and started driving. I saw Justin run out of the building following me but I didn't stop and wait for him, I just kept going. I drove and I drove, blinded by anger.

I stopped the car and I got out at my grandmothers house. I opened the door and saw him.

"Hey Aub." He said. " I was waiting for you! I knew you'd come."
"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled as I ran towards him.

I squeezed my eyes closed as I threw punch after punch at his stomach. I heard him laugh and I punched harder, he laughed again. I stopped punching and looked up at his face.

"I don't love you." I said angrily as I slapped him hard across the face.

A small amount of blood dripped from his nose. He wiped it away angrily and looked down at his hand.

"You bitch!" He yelled as he slapped me hard across my face knocking me down to the ground. I quickly and carefully stood back up and ran at him again. He punched me in my gut and I doubled over in pain. While I was down he kicked me in the knee making it bend in a weird way. I heard a snap and it made me sick to my stomach. I fell to the ground and started coughing. He continued to beat me. My eyes started to get fuzzy and shapes started to blend and morph.

Suddenly I heard he door burst open and saw a familiar shape run in, Justin. I saw him punch Kyle in the face, knocking him to the ground. Justin got on top of him and punched him again and again, then my vision faded completely and all I saw was black.