Chapter 5- Falling For You

The minute I got home from the auditions, I texted Naya back.
She replied to me instantly, telling me she was on her way to my house. I was getting really freaked out about what she wanted to talk to me about that was this important.

Alexa was still asleep when I got home so I got her changed into her pyjamas and put her to bed. I would have to wake her up so she could eat but she was always shattered during the afternoon so giving her a nap time probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

"Dem? Demi?" I heard a voice say downstairs. I ran down to see who it was. I really needed to start locking my front door.

"I didn't want to ring the bell in case Alexa was asleep." Naya said.

"Thank you, I just put her to bed." I said giving her a hug. "So what did you want to talk about?"

I led Naya to the living room and we both got comfortable on the sofa. I could tell she was nervous. She kept changing position, playing with her hands and hair, looking down.

"See Demi, the thing is, I think, I think I'm falling for you." Naya said softly.

"That's it? God Naya I thought it was something serious." I said letting out a laugh. All the panic went away from my body as I completely relaxed into the sofa.

"I am being serious Demi. I really like you and don't know what to do. I've tried to let it go but I just can't, nothing works." Naya said giving my knee a light smack for laughing at her.

"Kiss me." I whispered. She looked at me confused.

"What!"

"Naya Marie Rivera, you know I fancy the pants off you. I love everything about you, now kiss me." I demanded. She smiled before happily obliging. That one kiss turned into a full blown make out session. Naya pushed me back so my head was on the arm of the sofa and she was on top of me. I started unbuttoning her shirt revealing her lacy bra as she ran her fingers through my hair. We only stopped kissing when oxygen became a problem.

"Er Dem?" Naya said looking up from me. I leaned my head back in order to see behind me at what Naya was looking at.

Alexa was standing in the doorway in her pyjama top and tiny panties. She must of gotten too hot and taken off her pyjama bottoms.

Naya climbed off me, embarrassed that Alexa had walked in on us, and started buttoning up her shirt. I got up and walked towards my little girl who was oblivious to what was going on.

"Did you have a nightmare baby girl?" I asked noticing her tear stained face as I got closer to her. She nodded at me. I picked her up and rocked her. Noticing how hot she looked I felt her forehead and realised she was burning up.

"Baby are you feeling okay?" She shook her head at me and held me closer.

"Go sit with Naya and I'll go find some medicine to make you feel better." I told her.

She did as she was told and I quickly entered the kitchen and raided in my medicine cabinet. I eventually found some medicine I had in case Maddie was ever ill when she was staying with me and went back to the living room to give it to Alexa.

I had to laugh a bit at the face Alexa made as she tasted the medicine. I had seen Maddie make the same face multiple times after giving her it.

"Come on mummy will take you back to bed. Go say goodnight to Naya and mummy will get your bottle." I said putting her down. She watched me for a minute as I poured her milk for her and then went with me to say goodnight to Naya.

"Night sweetheart. I love you lots and I hope you feel better in the morning." Naya said giving her a hug and kissing her forehead.

"I'll be back down in a couple of minutes babe." I winked at Naya before I carried Alexa back to her bed.

I sat down on the large double bed and let her cuddle into me as I gave her the bottle of milk. I hadn't planned to be giving my three year old bottles but it was clear she still needed this sort of affection.

I tucked her into the middle of the bed and put pillows on the floor as I was scared she'd roll in the night and fall. I went to get up and leave but she burst into tears again. I crouch down next to her and stroked the hair out of her face.

"I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line but I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale." I sung to her until she calmed down.

"Mummy is right downstairs with Naya, now go sleep and I'll come get you in the morning. Night baby girl, mummy loves you so much." I said kissing her head.

"Love you mummy." She whispered back.