Chapter 58- Puppy

As I thought Naya was just a as excited as Alexa about getting a puppy.

Once we back at our own house we began looking online for somewhere to get a puppy.

"Um Demi what sort of dog are we getting?" Naya asked me.

"Actually I have no idea what sort do you think?" I asked. We clearly weren't very prepared as neither of us had a clue what we were doing.

We spent a good part of the next hour looking up dogs that were most suitable for children.

We were still looking at dogs when Alexa walked in dragging her teddy behind her. She climbed up on to my lap and silently began looking at the laptop screen.

After a while she pointed to a dog on the screen. I clicked on the it and information about labradors came up. The one that she liked in particular happened to be black.

"You like that one princess?" Naya asked and she nodded. I smiled at her.

"Is it a boy?" She asked sweetly again staring at the picture on the screen.

"If you want it to be a boy, we can get a boy but we can easily get a girl one." I explained to her.

She decided that she did want a boy and Naya started to make phone calls to see when we could get it.

Naya's POV

I had been standing in the kitchen doorway silently for the last five minutes just watching my beautiful family. Demi was cooking lunch with the help of a very quiet Alexa.

Alexa was stood on one the kitchen chairs next to the counter watching Demi. She rarely spoke to either of us anymore since being in hospital.

"Baby what do you want to call the puppy?" Demi asked her in finally attempting to break the silence.

"Hmm Snowy." She announced. I sighed at how unknowingly ironic my little girl was and walked in the room.

"We are not naming a black dog Snowy." I told her as I tickled her sides, making her laugh.

"Nemo?" She asked again.

"It's more of a fish name, don't you think?" Demi said to us. Normally Demi would be laughing at the things our daughter came up with but she wasn't today for some reason.

"Jay?" Alexa said looking at us.

"That's a lovely name princess, we can go get him tonight. How about you go play for a little bit?" She agreed and ran off to play.

I jumped on to the counter and watched Demi. In my eyes she was utterly flawless and I couldn't love her more but there was something wrong. She glanced up at me and caught me staring.

"Stop fucking staring creeper." She snapped. I was taken back by her reaction. Sure Demi could be as moody as everyone else but she normally had a reason to snap.

"Hey babe, I'm sorry. I just can't help staring when you're as beautiful as you are." I told her in an attempt to make her smile. I jumped off the countertop and stood in front of her.

"Naya stop lying." She told me turning the oven off and trying to push past me. I didn't let her past and instead held her in my arms, not letting go.

She struggled for a bit before giving and going weak in my arms. She was crying by now so I picked her up and carried her to our bed and lay her down.

"I think you need to sleep for a bit and then we can talk. Okay? I love you beautiful, you and Lex are my world." I said placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Don't go, please?" She whispered.

"I need to keep an eye on Lexie..." I started but she interrupted.

"Just until I fall asleep. Please I need you Naya." She said this time louder, her voice cracking.

"Always."

A/N

I've not updated in ages and I understand that this is shit so I'm sorry. I'm not sure when I'll update again but please keep sending me suggestions.