Chapter 10- Concerts

We had been in Spain a few days now and today was the day of my concert. This concert is my warm up show before I go on tour so I needed to do it.

Yesterday I had to do sound checks at the arena so I left Alexa with Naya at the villa to allow me to get on with my work but Naya struggled to keep her calm and Alexa wouldn't behave at all for her.

I knew she was too dependant on me but she wasn't the same as any other child. Tonight, Naya was bringing her to watch my concert backstage tonight but I needed to make sure she behaved until then.

"Mummy needs to go to work so you need to stay here. Naya will bring you to watch mummy later if you're good but if you're bad, mummy won't let you come." After I said that she burst into tears and clung on to me for dear life, maybe it was a bit extreme. I still had half an hour before I needed to leave so I decided to spend it with Alexa.

"Should we go pick out an outfit for you to wear tonight baby?" She nodded and I carried her to her room. I pulled out her light blue denim shorts and the smallest kids size I could get in my tour T-shirts. I showed Alexa and she nodded at it.

I got my iPad out and sat with Alexa and let her play games. She wasn't very good at the games for her age so I downloaded ones for younger children that she was better at.

"Let's go find Naya and mummy will go to work." I said when I heard my driver arrive outside. Naya was in the kitchen making Alexa's lunch. Looking at Alexa, I saw she was away to cry.

"Be a good girl for Naya and mummy will see you tonight. I love you both." I kissed Alexa's head and then Naya before rushing out the door to my rehearsals.

Naya's POV

Demi was at her concert venue and I was getting ready to leave with Alexa. Alexa was still asleep but I had gotten changed into a white crop top and denim shorts. I had left my hair down because Demi had said she liked it better that way.

"Lexie. Lexie baby. Wake up for Naya, we need to go see mummy." At the mention of Demi she shot up and smiled at me. I stood her up and gave her a kiss before she started jumping on the bed. The sudden change in her personality was amazing. This afternoon she had been extremely bad tempered and landed herself in four timeouts and now she was giggly and excited.

I changed her and got her dressed into the outfit Demi had picked out this morning. She wouldn't sit still long enough for me to do anything with her hair so after I brushed it I put a hair band in it to keep it out of her eyes.

She looked adorable in her lovatic shirt so I took a picture and sent it to Demi. I was going to take Alexa's stroller but she refused to let me as she wanted to walk.

The car Demi arranged for us soon arrived and took us to her concert. Once we were there I carried Alexa to Demi's dressing room. Alexa hadn't eaten tonight as she had been fussing but I knew Demi would want her to. I texted Max who was here for the concert and he quickly came along with mac cheese for Alexa before leaving again.

When Alexa saw the food, she ran behind the sofa and burst into tears.

"Baby I need you to calm down and eat for me so we can go watch mummy sing. Mummy won't let you watch if you don't finish your dinner." I told her, hoping I could bribe her to do it.

"Want Mummy!" She cried loudly, still not moving.

"Well come finish your dinner and we'll see mummy." I said in my strict voice. She toddled over to me and climbed onto my knee. I picked up the fork and began to feed her. She was still crying a bit but she ate most of the food before pushing the fork away. I was happy with what she had eaten.

I looked at the time and knew Demi would start on stage soon. We had decided it was best to wait until after the concert for Alexa to see Demi again incase they both got worked up.

I got Alexa and carried her to the wings of the stage. She sat down close enough to watch Demi but far enough away the lovatics couldn't see her.

Suddenly Demi came on singing Heart Attack. I had to hold Alexa back as she was desperate to run on and see her mummy.

I struggled holding on with Alexa while Demi sang Made in the USA, Skyscraper, Nightingale, Fire Starter and Something That We're Not. After that she settled down a bit and watched Demi. Demi had noticed where we were and every now and again she would glance at us and smile.

Demi finished singing Never Been Hurt and looked at us. She announced to the audience her final song would be Neon Lights and I watched Alexa jump around as it's one of her favourite songs by Demi. Demi saw and ran over to us, she crouched down so she was at Alexa's height.

"Wanna come on stage with momma?" Demi asked. Alexa nodded and Demi picked her up, gave me a quick kiss and ran back out on stage, this time with Alexa.

Alexa loved being with Demi on stage plus she looked adorable. Demi got off stage and Max helped us out the venue and to our car with being mobbed by fans. Alexa fell asleep on Demi in the car and I cuddled into my beautiful but sweaty girlfriend. It didn't matter to me, I loved her regardless.