Chapter 37- Break In

I flew out of my bed at the sound of Alexa's scream. She was sitting bolt upright on the bed and pointing at the door. I opened the door and quickly but quietly walked down the hallway to the top of the staircase just in time to see my front door slam shut.

I ran back to my bedroom where Alexa was still screaming as loud as her voice would allow. She was making grabbing gestures for me so I immediately picked her up knowing that just by being close to me would comfort slightly calm her down.

I grabbed my phone with my free hand and called the police. After explaining the whole situation to a very understanding woman on the phone, police were deployed to my house.

I next called Max who immediately got in his car to come over. I was lucky that Max's girlfriend was so understanding towards me and never made a fuss when I needed him.

I needed to make one final phone call before all the officers arrived. I carefully dialled the number and pressed call. I put the phone to my ear as I gently bounced a still sobbing Alexa on my hip in an attempt to get her to calm down.

"Hello. Who is this?" A tired voice answered.

"It-it's Demi. Can you come see me please. I need help." I said quietly. To say what had happened had shook me up was an understatement.

"Shit baby! What's happened? Is that Alexa crying? Oh my god, are you okay?" Naya's voice said now alert and awake.

"I'll explain when you get here but please be quick. I love you." I said before hanging up. It's true no matter what we fight about or how many times we argue, I still love her with all my heart.

Within ten minutes police and Max were at my house. Max had checked that I was okay and nothing from the house was missing but then went with officers to check the CCTV. There were other officers changing locks and adding more security precautions.

I was pacing the hallway with Alexa on my hip. She had stopped screaming and now I only heard the occasional whimper. A pair of arms wrapped tightly around me from behind. I wiggled my way around to see Naya. I put Alexa down so I was able kiss my girlfriend and hug her properly but this only started Alexa's screams off again. I ignored my daughters pleas to be picked up and kissed Naya.

Naya happily kissed me back but pulled away a few moments later so she could pick Alexa up to try and hush her cries.

"Want to tell me what happened?" Naya said taking my hand and leading me towards the living room. We sat down and I began to explain how I woke up to Alexa's screams to seeing the door slam to phoning her up.

"Demi I feel so bad if I had been here maybe it wouldn't have happened. Anything could have happened to you and I was in a hotel down the road." Naya said as tears began to fill her eyes.

"Naya stop. It probably would have still happened. This is not your fault, I'm just happy that you are here now." I told her giving her another kiss.

She was away to reply when Max entered the room.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys but we know who was in your house." Max told me.

"Who?" I asked looking up at him.