Chapter 41- Visiting

Naya's POV

"Mama? Call mommy before work?" Alexa asked me the same as every other morning since Demi had gone. By now Demi expected the phone call at exactly 7:18AM every morning.

I checked the time and sure enough it was 7:18 so I called her and passed by phone to Alexa.

"Just ringing." Alexa told me confused. Demi always answered straight away. I took the phone and tried again. I got to hear Demi's voice but only on her voicemail.

"She's probably slept in or got to work really early baby. We'll try again after breakfast. Desayuno." I told her. She looked disappointed but followed me to the kitchen.

"Desayuno." She said quietly.

"Yeah baby that's breakfast. At this rate you're going to be better than mommy when she gets back."

I got Alexa her yogurt and started cutting up fruit for her breakfast when my phone rang again assuming it was Demi I quickly answered it.

"Is this Miss Rivera speaking?" A unknown voice asked me.

"Yes who am I speaking to?" I replied. It was probably just a business call.

"This is Nurse Andrews, I'm the charge nurse of my ward. It appears late last night a Demi Lovato was rushed here after a car accident and had you listed in her contact details, would you mind coming here straight away?"

"Of course." I said before hanging up and allowing her to speak again. I put my shoes and grabbed a random hoodie to put on which coincidently happened to be Demi's.

"Lexie mommy is hurt right now so we have to go see her, you need to me a good girl for me when we get there, okay?" She nodded and I picked her up to take her to the car.

We got to Demi's ward and the nurse who I had spoke to explained Demi's injuries. Although none of them were life threatening, they would wait until the doctor had seen her again before they sent her home. She showed us to Demi's side room off the ward and left us.

Demi was sleeping when we came in. I walked up to her and gently kissed her lips seeing her eyes open.

"Hey babe, you scared me so much. How you feeling?" I asked as I helped her to sit up.

"Absolutely shi-" She began saying before I covered her mouth.

"I mean rubbish, I feel rubbish but I'm better now my two favourite girls are here." She said with a chuckle.

"Hey baby girl why you still in your pyjamas huh?" Demi said. I turned to look at Lexie and face palmed when I realised I'd forgotten to get her dressed in the hurry.

"Mommy?" Lexie said quietly. She was clearly confused. Demi had cuts all over her face and two black eyes as well as a drip in her arm so she did look different.

"You not recognise mommy anymore?" I asked her.

"Mommy's not wearing any black." She clearly stated. Although Demi occasionally wore colour with her black it was never like her white hospital gown.

"Can I get cuddles then?" Demi asked. I leaned back in my chair and let my eyes close while Lexie toddled to Demi.

Demi's POV

After a few minutes Naya was asleep. I knew she had been working hard but she was never that tired.

"Lexie have you been sleeping okay for mama?" I asked her. When she didn't reply I got my answer.

"Why haven't you been sleeping baby?" I said as I adjusted her so I could cradle her in my arms.

"Miss mommy too much." She said quietly.

"Mommy's missed you too but you know I'll always come back when I go away. I was with Cher when I went away and she really misses you too so do you think we could see her next week?" I asked but Lexie didn't reply only shrugged.

"What's going on inside of you?" I asked.

"Mommy still sore?" Alexa asked changing the subject. I nodded at her.

"Mommy hurt her foot but kisses makes it better." I told her as she giggled. She leaned forward so I could kiss her little lips. I did so and she burst out laughing at me.

"Hey!" I said with a pout but that only made the princess laugh more. I spent the next ten minutes giving her kisses all over her face before she passed out asleep on me.

I thought it was the perfect opportunity for a family selfie. I took it and managed to post it to twitter. "I've literally bored them to sleep. Opps!"

I single handedly managed to put the railings up on my hospital bed so Alexa wouldn't fall off and shut my eyes myself.

A/N

Just a quick update to put you out of your miseries before I go away. Didn't really check it through so sorry if there are any mistakes ❤️