Chapter 21- Goodbye Robbie

Demi's POV

"WHAT! Brother!" I shouted at him. I was confused and I think he was too.

"Who is this squirt?" He said looking at Alexa.

"My mommy." She replied simply. I didn't think she understood the complexity of the situation.

"No squirt, that's not your mommy. You used to live with your mommy and me not her." Robbie said tightening his grip on her. I could tell she didn't like as her eyes began to well up.

"Mommy!" She shouted stretching her arms towards me.

"NO Alexa! That's not your mommy." He shouted at her. I was furious. No one shouts in my little girls face.

"Robbie, I'm going to ask you nicely. Please give me back my daughter and we can to my house and speak calmly." He didn't seem like he was going to give Alexa back but eventually my baby was back in my arms.

"When do you finish?" I asked him as I rocked Alexa. Naya was now by my side as she came to see what I was shouting about. I'm assuming she, along with most of the restaurant heard what had happened.

"Now, I'm finished now." He said.

"Well let's go." I told him.

The car ride was silent. Naya sat in the front putting Robbie in the back with Alexa. Robbie stared out the window refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"Mommy put your cd on please?" I heard Alexa say. She always asked to listen to me when we were in the car. I heard Robbie grunt at her calling me mommy.

We got in and all sat down in the living room. Alexa was running around like a lunatic because well because she was.

"When was Alexa taken off your family?" I asked Robbie.

"First of all I want to apologise for getting angry I have borderline personality disorder and I sometimes find it hard to control." He said hanging his head in shame. "Secondly just after she turned two she got put into care for a while we were together but cute kids are picked first, I never saw her after that." Robbie explained.

"Don't worry about earlier, mental health is nothing to think bad of, trust me. And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you Robbie?" I said giving him a smile.

"Sixteen. Finally got myself a job and am ready to leave this place. I want to get as far away from where my dad is known and start fresh. I just needed to see squirt one last time." He said pulling Alexa onto his lap.

I looked at them together. They were definitely related. They had the same chin and dirty blonde hair although Robbie's eyes were green, the shape was the same.

"If you give me your number, I'll send you pictures every now and again if you'd like, she doesn't have to know if you don't want her to." I told him. In my books he had done nothing wrong.

"Yeah that would be great Demi." We swapped numbers and after a quick hug with Alexa, he was gone. I had a feeling that even if I stayed in contact with him, Alexa wouldn't hear from him again.

I watched as my adorable little girl played with her toys. I couldn't believe she was all mine still and I knew I would fight with everything I had if anyone tried to take her from me.