Chapter 1

My name is (Y/N) Dixon and I'm only 9 years old, I was running from those things with my dad and uncle when we got split up.

It's been 4 days now and all I have is my favorite hunting knife and my compound bow my dad got me for my 7th birthday, along with water and some canned and dried food I had with me.

I still have hope I will find him, but it's been 4 whole days and I can't even sleep without crying.

I'm hunting in the woods trying to find my way to Atlanta, but getting nowhere I keep getting off track and walking in circles.

My hope is to get to Atlanta and find my dad and uncle, but that's not likely, at least there might be some food though because I'm running low.

I only have 5 pieces of deer jerky and 2 cans of peaches with me right now.

~Time Skip~

It's been 2 days and I finally found Atlanta, it's gotten so bad I'm jumping from roof to roof to stay way from, what I call, walkers.

Then I saw these walkers that looked a bit strange I realized that they are people, real living and breathing people.

They were headed toward a place that had some cars that were just sitting there. They started driving towards a clothing building and I ran as fast as I could to keep up.

When I got there they were loading up there group, I'm assuming, and started the car I jumped and yelled for them to stop the car.

Surprisingly, they listened and opened the back doors and let me in. There was a sheriff, an African woman with short hair, I white girl with blonde hair, and an African man that looked really mean.

They started to ask me questions like "Where is your group?"

"How old are you?"

"Why are you in the city by yourself?" I told them I didn't have a group, that I lost my dad and uncle due to a herd.

I told them I was 9 and I needed supplies to keep looking for my dad and uncle.

They said they had a group and they would gladly take me there and help me look for my family.

They also told me their names, Rick, Jacqui, Andrea, and Theodore Douglas but was told to call, him T-Dog.

Then we were off to there camp I was exqusted and fell asleep the rest of the way.

>A/N<

Ok so this is my first story and I apologize in advance for it being terrible. I am hoping that you guys will give me tips, pointers, and just comment to make this story something great.

I will also be having a contest that will end December 31, 2016 to figure out the cover for my book. The winner will be mentioned and the cover will be posted for the book.

Thanks to everyone that reads this please vote, comment, and follow my page. I also have to thank richonne___forever and aao1024 for the inpiration to write this book. I will try to update daily but because of school I might not be able to.