Chapter 38

I woke up to Alex trying to grab his markers and spilling them everywhere.

"Oh no." He said just staring at the markers that lay scattered on the ground.

"Are you going to pick them up?" I laughed sitting up and stretching.

"Yeah." He sighed as he started to put them back, in the correct order.

He looks so happy, if only the world wasn't slowly being destroyed by the undead.

"What?" He asked looking at me.

"Nothing." I said, "Just thinking." I smiled.

"About what?" He crawled onto the bed.

"Drawing something." I looked at the colored pencils.

"What are you gonna draw?" He asked really excited.

"That's what I'm thinking about." I laughed at his excitement.

"You should draw a dragon, mom told me stories about them." He smiled getting off the bed and bringing over paper and the pencils.

"A dragon huh?" I asked smiling, I had always loved drawing. Its what I did when dad and Merle would fight, which was most of the time.

"Please?" He asked using the puppy dog eyes that always go the to agree.

"Okay, fine." I said picking up a regular pencil to start the outline.

After about an hour of drawing and redrawing I finally got a picture that I was satisfied with.

"Are you done yet?" He asked for the third time in the last ten minutes.

"Yeah, you wanna see it?" I whispered like it was a secret.

"Can I?" He asked trying to look over the notebook I was holding.

"You can't tell anyone okay?" I smiled, knowing he probably would anyway.

No one here knew I could draw, not even dad knew.

"Okay." He said bouncing up and down.

"3, 2, 1." I said before I turned it around.

(I didn't draw this, I don't think I could if I tried

(I didn't draw this, I don't think I could if I tried. 😆 I found it on Pinterest I don't know who drew it.)

"Wow." Was all he said as he stared at the picture with wide eyes.

"Is that what a dragon is?" He asked pointing to be drawing.

"Yeah, what did you think dragons looked like?" I asked.

"Birds." He said looking at me.

"Well, this is what a dragon is supposed to look like." I smiled.