Chapter 19

After another hour of awkward silence we were back at the farm.

Dad was still very concerned about the whole shoulder thing. I just hoped it wasn't infected.

When we got there dad rushed me into the house where Hershal could see it.

I sat on the bed as he examined the wound.

"Well, it's not infected yet but if we don't treat it it will be within hours. Let's get this cleaned a bit more." Hershal said as he cleaned it with a wet rag.

Shane then came into the room "Rick who the hell is in the back of the car and why the hell is he here?!?!"

"His name is Randal and his group left him impaled by a metal fence!!" Rick yelled back. "They left him to die!"

"I heard his group tried to kill you and you bring him here where your son sleeps!!" Shane retorted.

"He needed help." Rick said. "So I brought him to the safest place, here." Ending the conversation calmly.

"I'm keeping him in the barn though." Shane said before walking out.

"Rick?" I said. "Yes, (Y/N)?" He asked.

"I think there's walkers in the barn."

"What did you say?!" Shane said turning back into the room.

"I said I think there's walkers in the barn!" I yelled.

The look on Hershals face said it all, there were walkers in the barn and he knew it.

"Hershal are there walkers in the barn?" Rick asked calmly.

"No, just sick people that all." Hershal said.

"Hershal they're not sick people." I said. "If they get out they will try to kill us."

"They are just sick!" Hershal yelled as he finished cleaning the wound.

Rick, Shane, and I stood there and watched Hershal walk out of the room.

"What are we gonna do Rick?" I asked.

"Whatever the hell we need to!" Yelled Shane.

"I didn't ask you! Rick?"

"We'll have to take care of it ourselves." He said.

I looked at the two guys and realized how much I like the one, and how much I hate the other.

My conclusion was Shane's an asshole.

I then walked outside to see Carol frantically looking everywhere.

"Carol what's wrong?" I asked.

"Have you seen Sofia? She was here only a little while ago." She said, hopeful.

"Sorry, haven't seen her. But I'll help you look."

We looked for Sofia for half an hour until Carl asked to help too.

An hour went by and we still didn't find her.

"Shit." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Carl asked. "Nothing Carl."

"Oh, okay. You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure."

I looked over at the barn to see dad sharpening bolt heads.

"Hey, I'm gonna ask dad if he saw Sofia." I told Carol.

"Ok." She said as she kept looking.

As I walked over I watched to barn and saw the doors shaking because of the walkers.